• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick note, re: coaching

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

To those wondering, my absence is related to some personal challenges.

Without going into too much detail, Lady Cowboy Fan is facing three upcoming surgeries. That's not the only thing going on mind you, but it's the biggest.

Between that and the other things, I haven't been up to talking football quite as much, but I'm still watching.

May be back to talk some more in coming weeks, but obviously my top priority right now is helping her.

Wishing you all the best.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Without going into too much detail, Lady Cowboy Fan is facing three upcoming surgeries. That's not the only thing going on mind you, but it's the biggest.

Between that and the other things, I haven't been up to talking football quite as much, but I'm still watching.

May be back to talk some more in coming weeks, but obviously my top priority right now is helping her.

God Bless and speedy recoveries for Lady Cowboy Fan!!!!

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm far from certain that Matt Rhule will be let go (in my opinion, he should be). But if he is, here's something worth keeping in mind...

Two higher-up members of the Panthers front office have ties to Bills OC Brian Daboll.

Pat Stewart was with the Patriots when Daboll was the right ends coach from 2013 to 2016.

And of course, Dan Morgan was previously with the Bills. He and Daboll arrived in Buffalo the same offseason (2018).

Personally, I'd prefer Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett, but it's hard not to think those connections wouldn't at least potentially give Daboll an inside track on the job if (if) any changes are made.

Just something to think about...

I'm out.

It’s good to see a Mr. Scot thread.

Hackett would be good but I think Daboll or Eberflus are safe bets.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Best to you and your Cowboy fan Mr Scot.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Good luck and best wishes, Scot. We'll be thinking of you and the Lady.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, if Rhule is not gone, Brady will be.

So who might our new offensive coordinator be?  If its some college guy, I won't be buying any tickets next year.  

I'd call Doug Pederson myself. He's got a WCO background and an obvious record of success. No connections to Matt Rhule that I know of but Pat Stewart would know him from his time in Philly.

I feel like Rhule would me more likely to promote from within though. So Sean Ryan or Jeff Nixon would be the likely candidates. Then we'd backfill their positions.

Rhule has said he doesn't believe in firing assistants, but I think that's selective. Brady isn't one of the guys who's followed Rhule from job to job, so he's a lot more likely to be "fireable" than say, Phil Snow.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 7