• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's time to talk Tepper, the NFL, and the Panthers role in the big picture...

Proudiddy

I've come to some harsh, unpleasant realizations over the last few seasons, and they have all come to a head with the current state of affairs with our franchise, so here you go...

NGL, JR was clearly a scumball, but the further we get from his tenure, and the more we see the dynamics on the field with our team and the things going on elsewhere in the league, it is clear we are the NFL's personal whipping boy. 

You've got Dan Snyder essentially running a safe haven for bigots and sexual predators, while basically simultaneously operating a sex and drug trafficking organization, and the NFL covers for them and protects them.  Snyder has been fuging up since day one and a lawsuit waiting to happen, but the NFL has never intervened, except to protect and defend him.

You've got guys like Jerry Jones, Irsay, the McNairs, Ross, etc., who have been publicly problematic.  Irsay had to go to rehab.  Jones flubs are countless.  The McNairs and Ross have been openly bigoted and have suffered no consequences.  Kraft was out getting his butt fingered at massage parlors by sex workers...  and none of them suffered any meaningful consequences.

Yet, when the reports came out about JR, where was the NFL?  Were they trying to shield him or protect him?  No.  They forced him to sell, and they handpicked one of their buddies to buy, who just so happened to have been waiting in the wings and rumored to be looking for a franchise to buy for months prior.

Then when it comes to on-the-field, going back to the Superbowl in '15, they have constantly made an example of us.  They used the biggest stage in the world to steal that game from us and publicly humiliate Cam in his MVP season.  At what other point in your life have you ever seen a post-game presser held within earshot of another presser from an opposing player bragging about what they just did to your team?  Let alone it being after a Superbowl.  This poo is all a fuging soap opera...  and we're too stupid to see we're the fuging heel.  Just to be used, abused, and manipulated to the league's liking, in service of whoever else they need to help or prop up.  

Our other Superbowl appearance, we lost after the opposing team videotaped our practices all week after we were forced to practice outdoors the week leading up to it.  Brentson Buckner famously told how we had just added new adjustments to our defense that week, and everytime we called them out, Brady immediately knew what they were and called it out to his offense.  And what did the NFL do?  Viewed the cold, hard evidence and instead of doing the right thing, they stomp the tapes out to destroy them and then bury them somewhere like Jimmy Hoffa, mafia style, so no one could ever tarnish the brand, "The Shield," or the pre-determined storylines.

I'm not saying any of this in defense of JR.  It's not intended to be that at all...  I'm just saying, all of these guys that own teams are more often than not scumbags and sleazeballs, yet conveniently, JR's issues were enough to force him to sell the team to their preselected buddy in Tepper who had been openly looking for a ticket into the club.  And not that JR would've had us on some clear-cut path to success either, because he didnt...  but, ever since the forced-sell to Tepper, it has all been downhill.  And when it comes to us, the NFL has no qualms about intervening for their own benefit, but never ours.  And that's my issue.

I don't like to go through life viewing myself as a victim.  I don't.  But in regards to the Panthers, its just hard not to see ourselves in that light considering everything that has taken place and the manner in which it took place throughout our franchise's history.  We are the NFL's punching bag.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

NFL is becoming an unwatchable abomination. It's 100x worse when we suck.

The Rodgers covid thing almost turned me off completely from the sport 

edit -- as he scores on possible Super Bowl contender LA. 

And  you're spot-on with Jrich bit, I honestly think the club fell out of favor during Cam's MVP year when right before the Super Bowl he boldly stated how the NFL is essentially scared of Big, Black gifted QBs. The amount of PR and clean-up duty it probably took to get back in Goodell's favor must've been astronomically high in cost. 

That's my tinfoil think. 

Edited by rico6
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Tepper is what, the 3rd richest owner in all of sports per Forbes 

he is worth $12 billion 

He is no one’s whipping boy he just got shaded by Rhule 

he heard the business buzzwords of process and analytics and thought that would translate to long term success 

his mistake was not  insisting on a nfl staff to keep his ncaa coach in line or in here a nfl coach to begin with 

what in the word had Brady ever done to prove he could call plays, not design plays, call plays under nfl fire?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

he is worth $12 billion 

he heard the business buzzwords of process and analytics and thought that would translate to long term success 

his mistake was not  insisting on a nfl staff to keep his ncaa coach in line or in here a nfl coach to begin with 

what in the word had Brady ever done to prove he could call plays, not design plays, call plays under nfl fire?

Honestly it was probably a way for him to save some money

17 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

he is worth $12 billion 

Agreed on the Rhule hire.

Disagree on the whipping boy.  We definitely are, regardless of the owner.  Look at the officiating week to week and how the games are called.  It happened under JR and it's happening under Tepper.  We are just a pawn club, used to advance the NFL's greater priorities and storylines.  There is no way around it.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed on the Rhule hire.

Disagree on the whipping boy.  We definitely are, regardless of the owner.  Look at the officiating week to week and how the games are called.  It happened under JR and it's happening under Tepper.  We are just a pawn club, used to advance the NFL's greater priorities and storylines.  There is no way around it.

Its not so much they are doing it TO us, they're just using the small markets to boost the big ones.

Baseball did it 1st, then the Jordan era NBA, and now the NFL is not even really hiding it anymore.

55 minutes ago, rico6 said:

NFL is becoming an unwatchable abomination. It's 100x worse when we suck.

The Rodgers covid thing almost turned me off completely from the sport 

edit -- as he scores on possible Super Bowl contender LA. 

And  you're spot-on with Jrich bit, I honestly think the club fell out of favor during Cam's MVP year when right before the Super Bowl he boldly stated how the NFL is essentially scared of Big, Black gifted QBs. The amount of PR and clean-up duty it probably took to get back in Goodell's favor must've been astronomically high in cost. 

That's my tinfoil think. 

Agreed.  The NFL protects who they want and discards who they don't want to.  All the poo Snyder has going on with thousands of emails and paper trails, and you're telling me Jon Gruden was the only guy spewing off the poo he said?  You don't speak like that to someone you wouldn't be comfortable with saying it around in confidence, because you know they move and talk the same way.  Yet, Gruden was the only one who answered for anything that has come out of that poo organization and he didnt even work there?  😂  It's a fuging joke.  They guy he emailed hired his fuging brother as the coach, so its clear the culture there, but they didn't find any other damning evidence on anyone there with WFT?  poo is laughable.  There was countless reports of the sexual harassment and misogynistic environment there, with it going so far as front office guys walking around with nude pictures of the WFT cheerleaders and sharing them amongst themselves...  but, the NFL told us everything is cool, so we're good now.  Smh...  and Snyder is still sitting pretty on his perch there.  

And then like you said, the stuff with Rodgers is a prime example.  Dude was breaking all the fuging protocols, is a face of the league, got caught and compared himself to MLK, and within days its a non-story.  They're none worse for the wear.  It's like it never happened.

And agreed on the stuff with Cam.  Even after I posted this I thought back to the numerous examples I left out - Hochuli saying what he did to Cam and then Cam publicly sharing it about him not being "old enough" to get calls, talking about being black, young and talented, the dancing and celebrating that scared so many suburban mothers that they needed to shield their children from it, etc., Then following all of that with letting the Broncos commit everything but murder in the Superbowl, follow it up with attempted murder with repeated headshots in the season opener in '16, and then forcing JR to sell due to a matter that was only a fraction of what Snyder has going on in Washington - it's crystal-clear what has happened and what our place is in the league hierarchy.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If I was into conspiracy theories I would say the NFL wants Carolina to suck so bad that Tepper is forced to move the team to an already pre-determined location.

Just waiting on the fans to totally give up.

You beat me to it.

Only thing keeping me from believing this completely is the fact Tepper built the new facility in SC.

But, with the way the NFL has treated us for years now, I would not be surprised one bit if that is the ultimate plan.