• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's time to talk Tepper, the NFL, and the Panthers role in the big picture...

Proudiddy

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

You beat me to it.

Only thing keeping me from believing this completely is the fact Tepper built the new facility in SC.

But, with the way the NFL has treated us for years now, I would not be surprised one bit if that is the ultimate plan.

8 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Tepper moves team to san antonio even tho they have a new avengers looking place almost ready

8 hours ago, mc52beast said:

If I was into conspiracy theories I would say the NFL wants Carolina to suck so bad that Tepper is forced to move the team to an already pre-determined location.

Just waiting on the fans to totally give up.

Somebody said St Louis in a different post lol

• Pie 1

I don't think it has anything to do with moving the team. The Market in the Carolina's is one of the fastest growing in the country. There is a reason Tepper is making the moves he is with the Rock Hill Complex and the MLS Team. In 5 to 10 years everything he is invested in will be worth double. He may not know football but this kind of business stuff is his bread and Butter and a major reason he wanted to buy the team.

As far as the NFL and the football stuff, It all falls on Goodell and how much of a piece of human trash he is. It is the same story with Rob Manfred and the MLB. David Stern was in that same camp but look at Adam Silver now and what he has done with the NBA.

The NBA is the fastest growing sport in the world and at the best place it's been since the world wide draw of Michael Jordan in the 90's 25 years ago. Even though super teams are still a think there are actual signs of parity now that haven't been seen in the NBA in decades. With all of the positive rule changes and things Adam Silver has done since taking over, He is easily the best commissioner in professional sports.

Meanwhile guys like Goodell and Manfred are turning their sports more and more into the WWE each year while only caring about making the owners and themselves as much money as possible. They don't give a damn about the actual product they're putting out there. Player safety, cheating??? They let their public relation teams try and manipulate the media into promoting that these things are their top priorities and when these issues actually make it to the forefront, they show their true colors and do the exact opposite of what should be done and go back to their PR teams to sweep the poo under the rug while trying to pull the blinders down over their customers and players faces.

Superbowl against the Broncos is what made me put on the tinfoil hat. The blatant head hunting hits on Cam and no calls. NFL wasn’t going to make their Golden boy not retire without a ring.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Duke wins the NCAA this year, since it’s coach K outgoing party. Watch

• Pie 4

Doubt the team moves, too much has been invested already with the rock hill facility. One thing I have noticed the NFL has given the refs the ability to decide the outcome of games. Especially with taunting, pass interference, and some of the bs holding calls. 

We were down multiple scores and would probably have lost anyways, but the refs killed any momentum yesterday. Look at the taunting call on reddick and holding call during the run by chubba. I knew then we had no chance to get back into the game. 

I do believe in the old saying, "It's never as bad as you think and it's never as good as you think."

Sometimes it does feel like we are the Washington Generals, and we are on the wrong end of a lot of star players' highlight reels. But we have at least been to the big stage twice as opposed to Detroit which has been awful forever and has had a franchise since the early days. 

Bad officiating has screwed us at very inopportune times, but we have also been screwed during meaningless games. Why would the NFL screw us to prop up 4-7 Miami? Even though it's a big city, Miami has been a doormat in the NFL for the last 20 years. There could be another factor involved such as sports betting, but I just don't know.

I said all this to say it's in the middle somewhere. It's not a true, fair competition between the best built and coached teams, but it's also not a completely choreographed and scripted like pro wrestling.

The team isn't going to move. I honestly don't see any NFL-less city out there being a more lucrative opportunity than Charlotte and the Carolinas. But Tepper also knows this is gonna be a wild ride and he has to build a winner and get some fan excitement going for this team before he can start stumping to fleece the city out of hundreds of millions for his own shiny new Tepperworld.

• Beer 1

Team isn't moving, get that out of your head.

Tepper is in too deep, has no clue what he's doing, and not enough accountability to admit his failures quickly.  He wants to be right, while alway being wrong.

Many of us here know more about how the NFL actually operates than he does...and that's a sad state of affairs.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I can't sign on to the idea of the NFL holding us down or anything.

Sadly, we're just that damn bad ☹️

I don’t think it’s the nfl holding us down but the thought that not all teams are treated equal. I’d say Kirk Cousins pulled what AR did with the Covid protocol I fully believe the nfl would have suspended him. Little things like that.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I don’t think it’s the nfl holding us down but the thought that not all teams are treated equal. I’d say Kirk Cousins pulled what AR did with the Covid protocol I fully believe the nfl would have suspended him. Little things like that.

That I'll grant.

Tepper was the league's golden boy, though.

This is just bad decisions heavily influenced by a lack of experience by Tepper. It started by keeping Hurney and letting him contaminate this new staff. Hopefully we will burn it all down and sanitize it before rebuilding the staff after this one is done embarrassing itself.  

If Tepper wants a NFL expert to help him, he needs to go find one now. There isn't anyone in house that can help with this mess, it's a bunch of overpromoted and inexperienced people on hand. 

<tinfoil>

Many times I've felt the tug of conspiracy watching NFL.  It can all be so easily manipulated with just a couple of flags at the right time.  The way Denver was allowed to murder Cam in the Superbowl and subsequent season opener really had me questioning was it even worth watching.  If manipulation is occurring then I submit it's on a smaller scale, targeting a specific team like the Panthers, or even specific players like Cam.  I don't believe it's happening on a league narrative level.  If it were the Cowboys would have won something by now.  (Unless the league has been trying hard to give it to Dallas and they still somehow fug it up?)

</tinfoil>

JR might have been a man stuck in is era.  He made some mistakes...but he was a good team owner.  He developed a culture, and gave us pretty great memories.  All of us are humans. All of us are sinners and make mistakes.  All of us have done wrong things in our lives.  I think people can be redeemed, and develop wisdom though bad decisions.  Not all, but many. 

I'm not an overly religious person, but I like Jesus.  An interesting observation to me is that so many people expect their demigods to be perfect like Jesus.  Not happening. 

Anyway, I'm not sure if the NFL is directly involved for fixing games or not, but what I can tell you it's more likely we're just a bad team and have been for 4 seasons now.  We've made a string of poor decisions and have dug ourselves a deeper and deeper hole.  We have an owner who took over a winning team with a lot of buzz and ran it into the ground.  The Charlotte media, out for blood, clickbait, and woke political narratives, drove a good owner out and helped usher in a bad owner who ultimately will lead to way more local tax dollars being spent.

Make zero mistake, I'm not advocating for JRs mistakes, it's just the punishment didn't fit the crime lets say compared to Bob Kraft. King Nebuchadnezzar wouldn't approve.

As far as Tepper goes.  I don't think he intentionally ran the team into the ground, but he's never played football and isn't a football guy.  He lacks the foundational awareness of what a team needs.  JR played, we had good QBs under JR for the most part. Outside of Clausen, and Weinke, but Clausen was by design in preparations for the new CBA, and shortly after Weinke played we were in the Superbowl.  So every time we had a bad qb under JR there was a clear plan in place for the upcoming seasons to drastically improve.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The team isn't going to move. I honestly don't see any NFL-less city out there being a more lucrative opportunity than Charlotte and the Carolinas. But Tepper also knows this is gonna be a wild ride and he has to build a winner and get some fan excitement going for this team before he can start stumping to fleece the city out of hundreds of millions for his own shiny new Tepperworld.

That's how it'll be moved. He'll say he wants his stadium, government and tax payers say they want a team that can win as many as 6 games in a season, and he uses Charlotte as leverage to bring the NFL back to St. Louis. Good riddance.