• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have lost last 10 Cam starts

MechaZain

I’m glad that they patched things up with Cam, it’s deserved and everyone needed that closures. The struggles are not all on him. But I think he is who he is at this point, a dual threat at the cost of precision and a more accurate QB is needed if this era of the team is going to get anywhere.

There’s still time for him to settle in, hopefully this is just rust, but I’m not comfortable with extending him as it stands.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

If Newton wasn't 6'5" and fast when he came in the league he would have never been an NFL QB starter.....

As a pocket passer and student of the game he sucks...............and you are seeing that now as a result of his running threat being past him.

NE didn't waste time with him and cut him..........

I said the day he came into this league he'd be Donovan McNabb 2.0.............

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 16

I’m shocked so many thought Cam coming back was going to be the team’s savior. He was let go by Carolina the first time for a reason. He was let go by the Pats for a reason. Nobody even sniffed signing him this year for a reason. He completed 5 passes today....5. I said Sam wasn’t the answer to when we traded for him. The only answer is to tank and hope a franchise QB is sitting there. That said I’m guessing Tepper sells the farm for Watson in the off season. 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

I’m shocked so many thought Cam coming back was going to be the team’s savior. He was let go by Carolina the first time for a reason. He was let go by the Pats for a reason. Nobody even sniffed signing him this year for a reason. He completed 5 passes today....5. I said Sam wasn’t the answer to when we traded for him. The only answer is to tank and hope a franchise QB is sitting there. That said I’m guessing Tepper sells the farm for Watson in the off season. 

Tepper’s “patience” is about to be pushed to the limit. 

Typical ignorant dumbass post judging Cam for being an unabashedly black and confident QB with a running QB skillset.

PJ Walker threw a pick on his first series this game. The entire team is ass. The o line can’t block. And either WRs can’t get open or they aren’t running routes that maximize their skillset .

I bet you never accused Delhomme of not being a pocket passer or not reading the field after costing this team two years of the most talented roster this franchise ever fielded . 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 7

7 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m starting to wonder if anyone watches the games or just tune into to Twitter for football takes.

in those 10 starts Newton posted good numbers in majority of those losses, we gotta quit acting like it’s all on Cam. 

If he plays good we lose, if he plays bad we lose, idk why the defense is playing like trash lately but when we start losing games because of Cam’s direct play then talk to me 

THIS

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m starting to wonder if anyone watches the games or just tune into to Twitter for football takes.

in those 10 starts Newton posted good numbers in majority of those losses, we gotta quit acting like it’s all on Cam. 

If he plays good we lose, if he plays bad we lose, idk why the defense is playing like trash lately but when we start losing games because of Cam’s direct play then talk to me 

It’s not ALL on Cam and the same can be said for Sam. We all know the offensive line is sketchy at best. The defense is good enough but it plays best when the offense can give it some freedom to tee off. 

Just now, Wanderlai said:

It’s not ALL on Cam and the same can be said for Sam. We all know the offensive line is sketchy at best. The defense is good enough but it plays best when the offense can give it some freedom to tee off. 

The defense played light outs with Sam at qb(besides cowboys game), sam’s issue is bad reads, his int were straight to the cbs, cam wasn’t off target on his ints, a no call PI and looks to be a miscommunication the Int on the pass intended for Robbie, I was expecting a showing like this at some point due to the prep time to get the playbook under his belt.

we signed cam to give us competent qb play while the defense shutdown the opposing team, we are getting the opposite from that side of the ball lately, while STs sets the bed too 

the o line has been trash, the play calling too, cam is suppose to handle those two things better than Sam but we can’t expect anything good if the defense is just going to play like it’s bottom 5 instead of number 2 overall