• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why not Doug Pederson?

ENCPantherfan2

Wouldn’t be against it. Still an Eberflus guy. 

Call me superstitious

Capers-Defensive Guy-Playoffs/Division title

Seifert-Offensive Guy- No playoffs

Fox- Defensive guy-3 times playoffs/2 division titles

Rivera-Defensive guy-4 times playoffs/2 division titles

Rhule- Offensive guy- poo show

Our “identity” Rhule has been trying to find for 2 years now is what it’s always been. Defense and running the damn rock.

15 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Wouldn’t be against it. Still an Eberflus guy. 

Call me superstitious

Capers-Defensive Guy-Playoffs/Division title

Seifert-Offensive Guy- No playoffs

Fox- Defensive guy-3 times playoffs/2 division titles

Rivera-Defensive guy-4 times playoffs/2 division titles

Our “identity” Rhule has been trying to find for 2 years now is what it’s always been. Defense and running the damn rock.

I like Eberflus for HC as well. Pair him with Pederson as OC. They both have Frank Reich connections. Seems like a classic Panthers coaching combo. Pederson can develop a rookie QB.

32 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I like Eberflus for HC as well. Pair him with Pederson as OC. They both have Frank Reich connections. Seems like a classic Panthers coaching combo. Pederson can develop a rookie QB.

Pederson and Reich both went to training camp with the Panthers in 95.

Reich obviously made the final roster but Pederson didn't.

Side note: Always felt like we benched Reich too early that year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pederson and Reich both went to training camp with the Panthers in 95.

Reich obviously made the final roster but Pederson didn't.

Side note: Always felt like we benched Reich too early that year.

I remember them saying it was for Collins development and yadda yadda. Collins didn’t blow me out of the water in 96. We would have had the same or better results with Beuerlein that year, he played great.

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I remember them saying it was for Collins development and yadda yadda. Collins didn’t blow me out of the water in 96. We would have had the same or better results with Beuerlein that year, he played great.

A coin flip had big consequences there.

Bill Polian stated that if the Panthers would have had the first pick in the expansion draft, they'd have taken Beuerlein.

Not sure how having the number 2 pick in the college draft would have affected things given that we traded down from number one anyway.

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

I'm not sure I'd call Rhule an offensive guy. He's always built his teams on strong defense and an okay offense. He has said he owes his success to Phil Snow. The longer you're with someone the harder it is for them to his ego they really are. Rhule seems much more like he's cut from the defense minded Capers/Fox/Riveria mold. 

53 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If Pederson has any success running the offense, he's back in a head coach position.  Going this route, it's a one year rental of an OC and back to square one. If you give Pederson the head coach gig, you never have to worry about someone taking your OC and play caller away.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 2

If Dave Tepper isn't ready to can Rhule at the end of this season, I'd feel better knowing that someone like Doug Pederson was on staff and waiting in the wings just in case this team continues to head south in year three.

Firing a Head Coach mid season a lot easier when there's already a viable candidate on staff to replace them.  Right now there is no one that could step into Rhule's shoes.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

On 11/29/2021 at 8:37 AM, ENCPantherfan2 said:

He's proven, went to a SB, only was on the outs because of that slime ball Howie Roseman, actually was right about some things in the organization (ie the FO wanted to fire Frank Reich the year they won the superbowl but he fought that off), and I believe the players actually liked him. That last year was not on him. 

Dang out of the game and I forgot about him. He put together a great staff his first time. Im still in the "give rhule 3 years" group......but if a legit big name hits the market and has tepper's dollars in his mind....bye rhule..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1