• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep Fitterer and Morgan

NAS

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Because he has to duh. Otherwise he's not the GM here. The HC has the power here its that simple. He can say "uh no" then hes gone. Thats the stipulation and situation were at. Not hard to explain or understand.

Its not a situation where the GM goes out and makes a trade, comes back to the HC and is like "got you a QB!"

'He is a GM hired to operate under Matt Rhule' is enough to try for better sir. Twist it, examine it but he wasn't a strong hire, like much of this staff.

A good candidate wouldn't have take the job so we went and found one who would.

Edited by Waldo

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What? 

You think giving a player 19M to “feel better” is OK? 

Only 1-year when we have PLENTY of cap room in hopes to boost the guys confidence keep him around if he actually balled, sure.  A good backup QB will command about $10M, so if Darnold is our backup next year he's overpaid by like $9M.  Kinda sucks, but isn't doing any long term damage.  Anderson's deal hurts a heck of a lot more.

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

A good candidate wouldn't have take the job because so we went and found one who would.

This part is possible. Having to get someone who would operate under these conditions is the only part of it for me that is valid at all. His approach and what little we have isn't at all bad. Barely have anything to go off of though.

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

'He is a GM hired to operate under Matt Rhule' is enough to try for better sir. 

That's David Tepper's fault.

Fitterer and Morgan both have something that Matt Rhule does not, and that's a several years long track record of success in the NFL.

But Rhule is the one that Tepper gave final authority. Hell, he wanted to pair a newfangled analytics type GM (thankful that didn't happen).

Tepper just seems like one of those guys who wants to do something differently just so he can say he's the smartest guy in the room...except he's not. And there's a reason why people have been doing things the way they have for so many years, because that way works.

Best thing he could do for his team now is to stay out of that next big decision and leave it to people who actually have some experience in this sort of thing.

Bottom Line: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Pie 4

They can all go. Traded picks for Sam over fields and brought in Sorry excuse of O linemen day one of free agency and questionable draft picks when we need help in other areas. Seattle hasn't done a damn thing since that superbowl run 10 years ago. I wouldnt touch anybody from that staff. Give me a NFL experienced OC coach and a GM from a consistent organization. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

Just now, 45catfan said:

Only 1-year when we have PLENTY of cap room in hopes to boost the guys confidence keep him around if he actually balled, sure.  A good backup QB will command about $10M, so if Darnold is our backup next year he's overpaid by like $9M.  Kinda sucks, but isn't doing any long term damage.  Anderson's deal hurts a heck of a lot more.

Tell me about this Plenty of cap room? They have around 30M and bunch of holes to fill. Including 3-4 OL and a QB if Sams the backup. And you can get a backup as good as Sam for around 3-5M. 

Buy him a dog. Should they guarantee Cam 20M to make him feel better about who he is? 

8 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

This part is possible. Having to get someone who would operate under these conditions is the only part of it for me that is valid at all. 

Probably why Ed Dodds pulled out of the process. He saw where this was headed.

One thing you have to remember about Fitterer though is that he spent the last several years employed by a team where that approach worked.

Of course that team has a head coach with loads of NFL experience, not a college guy.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

They can all go. Traded picks for Sam over fields and brought in Sorry excuse of O linemen day one of free agency. Seattle hasn't done a damn thing since that superbowl run 10 years ago. I wouldnt touch anybody from that staff. Give me a NFL experienced OC coach and a GM from a consistent organization. 

Dan Morgan was on that staff and is objectively good so this makes 0 sense and you still clearly have no idea how our FO works lol

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably why Ed Dodds pulled out of the process. He saw where this was headed.

One thing you have to remember about Fitterer though is that he spent the last several years employed by a team where that approach worked.

Yea its like no matter how many times you say it its not getting through to some of these folk how our FO works right now.

17 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

This part is possible. Having to get someone who would operate under these conditions is the only part of it for me that is valid at all. His approach and what little we have isn't at all bad. Barely have anything to go off of though.

I do not know how much of the bad was on Fritts but I have no doubt he contributed, he had to. Even if Rhule ran everything, contract, deal and draft pick....Fritts still took that job willingly. I can't trust someone that operates that way to magically be competent with zero oversight. That sounds like a miracle to me.

He comes off as professional but inadequate in competency. Like a better packaged Hurney, just a dookie flavored lollipop from a distance.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1