• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep Fitterer and Morgan

NAS

20 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

What is 11-5, 13-3, 12-4, 10-6, 10-5-1, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, and 12-4?....

Seattle has been pretty consistent...

Thats cool, last time i checked people want Pete Carroll gone and Russell wilson wants outta there and in trade rumors every off season. 

NFC west wasnt the NFC south majority of those years either.

• Beer 1

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats cool, last time i checked people want Pete Carroll gone and Russell wilson wants outta there and in trade rumors every off season. 

Ciara (Wilson) wants out of Seattle in general and Carroll has one bad year and people want heads...sounds like a typical fanbase lol 

Just now, Toomers said:

Tell me about this Plenty of cap room? They have around 30M and bunch of holes to fill. Including 3-4 OL and a QB if Sams the backup. And you can get a backup as good as Sam for around 3-5M. 

Buy him a dog. Should they guarantee Cam 20M to make him feel better about who he is? 

Nope.  Again, it was a calculated risk and a short-term one.  The only dumb move would to been to get him here, rework his rookie deal and actually extend him.  The 1-year flier on picking up the option is not a deal breaker to me.  Also, there are not a BUNCH of holes to fill.  This team with a few roster moves in the offseason and competent coaching would be a winner.  This teams record is not indicative of it's talent level.

Your sarcasm isn't amusing either.  No Cam should not get $20M next year.  Cam should be happy for a job back in the NFL this year.  His contract to finish out half a season for a dude on his couch could be considered in the same capacity as Sam's 5th-year option.

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

They are imploding with a healthy franchise QB, that takes bad everything in the NFL.

That team is 6 years removed from any good other than a slow backwards slide into terrible and we brought in a piece to contaminate our team...

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

Keep Morgan, send Fitterer packing. Fitterer left the Seahawks in shambles, a shell of their former selves. I don't remember anyone vocalizing how they hated to see him go. He may have been part of the problem there rather than part of building their success. 

Morgan has an emotional stake in the Panthers and comes to this from a player's perspective. He can evaluate and help develop. We have a hatchet man and negotiator on staff to help him.

And grab Eric Bieniemy right off the bat. He can build a team without a lot of horseshit like we've seen this last couple of seasons.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Keep Morgan, send Fitterer packing. Fitterer left the Seahawks in shambles, a shell of their former selves. I don't remember anyone vocalizing how they hated to see him go. He may have been part of the problem there rather than part of building their success. 

Morgan has an emotional stake in the Panthers and comes to this from a player's perspective. He can evaluate and help develop. We have a hatchet man and negotiator on staff to help him.

And grab Eric Bieniemy right off the bat. He can build a team without a lot of horseshit like we've seen this last couple of seasons.

Exactly. Im actually cool with keeping Morgan and bringing in Bieniemy. 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nope.  Again, it was a calculated risk and a short-term one.  The only dumb move would to been to get him here, rework his rookie deal and actually extend him.  The 1-year flier on picking up the option is not a deal breaker to me.  Also, there are not a BUNCH of holes to fill.  This team with a few roster moves in the offseason and competent coaching would be a winner.  This teams record is not indicative of it's talent level.

Your sarcasm isn't amusing either.  No Cam should not get $20M next year.  Cam should be happy for a job back in the NFL this year.  His contract to finish out half a season for a dude on his couch could be considered in the same capacity as Sam's 5th-year option.

A 19M “cuddling” hurts in any term. As I asked, where is this plenty of cap space and please explain how this is not going to effect what players you get in FA. This year and next. For an option with no upside. Even if he does great, he’s getting that money and more. Any other scenario and it’s a complete anchor. There is no scenario that made this decision less ignorant than it was when they made it. 

You justify a 19M loss for feelings and don’t think there will be some sarcasm. You know better than that. 

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Put Morgan in charge and your next head coach is likely Brian Daboll.

Fitterer and Morgan are very close friends. In fact, Morgan credits Fitterer for a lot of his success. Hard to think he'd feel good about progressing at a close friend's expense.

I'd add that it's kind of hard to say Fitterer "left Seattle in a shambles" when he was at most the third guy in charge behind head coach Pete Carroll.

Also for the record, when he was hired away Caroll, Schneider and several others did actually express that they were sorry to see him go.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer and Morgan are very close friends. In fact, Morgan credits Fitterer for a lot of his success. Hard to think he'd feel good about progressing at a close friend's expense.

I'd add that it's kind of hard to say Fitterer "left Seattle in a shambles" when he was at most the third guy in charge behind head coach Pete Carroll.

Also for the record, when he was hired away Caroll, Schneider and several others did actually express that they were sorry to see him go.

These people don't know anything bout this lol. Just continue it in PMs! hah

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I stand corrected.

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Exactly. Im actually cool with keeping Morgan and bringing in Bieniemy. 

I've been trying to rationalize how/why E.B. gets passed over every year and after so many times the only thing I can come up with is there's something out there lurking in his past that would put him at risk of being cancelled akin to what happened with Gruden.

16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

A 19M “cuddling” hurts in any term. As I asked, where is this plenty of cap space and please explain how this is not going to effect what players you get in FA. This year and next. For an option with no upside. Even if he does great, he’s getting that money and more. Any other scenario and it’s a complete anchor. There is no scenario that made this decision less ignorant than it was when they made it. 

You justify a 19M loss for feelings and don’t think there will be some sarcasm. You know better than that. 

It's not a $19M wash.  He's not getting cut.  He's at least going to be a backup and I get you are throwing low-end numbers out there for backups with his experience to emphasize your point.  Yes, we will lose money on the transaction for one season.  What teams doesn't have an overpaid player?  This team has a history of deals that hampers it for years down the road.  Matt Kahlil is one of many, many, many instances that's comes to mind.  Darnold's option is not going to burden this franchise for the long term and it was worth the risk.

Again, I take MUCH more issue with the Anderson deal and trading for Henderson.

Edited by 45catfan