• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep Fitterer and Morgan

NAS

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

A one-year loss.  Dude, you are acting like this is setting the franchise back decades. He's going to be an overpaid backup next season to finish up this deal.  We are not going to cut him because you incur dead cap AND have to fill the spot.  It was a stab at a potential franchise QB when Teddy didn't work out.  The 5th-year option came along with Darnold.  They chose to pick up the option which now doesn't look wise, but it's not a franchise busting mistake.  Dude's get overpaid all the time in this League, why you are so fascinated with Danrold is beyond me?  I mean if your so bored you want to continue on all day, I can go to OTC and cherry-pick tons of contracts that overvalued (I actually have to get some yard work done at some point).  Why? Teams take a risk at extending, re-working, offering new deals based off what they value that player to be for that organization.   Does that backfire?  Oh, heck yes, many times over.  Best case scenario at that point is take your lumps and move on.  LUCKILY for us it's just...one...season.

Most of this board has been blasting this exact topic for the last 2 months. So don’t act like it’s just me. And if you don’t understand why Darnolds 23.6M is just as bad(if not worse) than Kalils 25M than that is why we can’t agree. 

The mistake wasn’t that Darnold didn’t work out. It was that there was no legit reason to pick it up at all. Everyone misses on players. Front offices aren’t supposed to bet money with nothing to gain. You would have thought they learned that lesson with Teddy. Guess not. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

What are you gonna show me. Some fluff piece that said a owner asked the guy who ruined the team twice to pick his new HC by himself. We know that they would never not be truthful in everything said in press conferences and interviews. Those aren’t facts. That’s your anti-Hurney narrative wanting to blame everything on him. He did plenty of bad on his own. Maybe we can discuss that Kalil restructure again. Those were good times. Facts weren’t your friend I then either. 

🤣😂😭 Yeah so I should take your word for it and ignore actual reports from actual news sources. Like I said you do you. 

• The D 1

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Keep Morgan, Fritterer is overpromoted and we can do better. His perfessionalism isn't worth keeping considering the terrible evaluations he has made. It was a weak hire to fit under Rhule, we could do a lot better and I have zero faith in his player evaluations. Who traded for Sam, signed 2 bad Olinemen and then ignored the oline in the draft? That was his job and he failed horribly.

I actually wouldn't be too upset with just making Morgan the GM

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I actually wouldn't be too upset with just making Morgan the GM

Too soon after this much staff lacking experience for me.

I would like to bring in an old hand for a couple of years, then we could promote Morgan. I'm just shell-shocked from this staff's lack of experience and flat learning curve.

I liked Berry and the guy from the 49ers, both didn't want this job given the situation (they were right lol). Morgan has upside but way too early to put him in at GM for me. 

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Too soon after this much staff lacking experience for me.

I would like to bring in an old hand for a couple of years, then we could promote Morgan. I'm just shell-shocked from this staff's lack of experience and flat learning curve.

I liked Berry and the guy from the 49ers, both didn't want this job given the situation (they were right lol). Morgan has upside but way too early to put him in at GM for me. 

Morgan has experience that you're not counting.  He was a hell of a player.  In my opinion that's an experience multiplier.  

I look at what the Canes did.  They brought in Rod Brindamour as coach.  At the time a lot of people didn't like it.  He'd only been an assistant for two years, but he's come in and connected with the players, created a culture, and has the respect to hold players accountable, because he's gone through everything they're going through. 

A Dan Morgan hire, has the potential to be that sort of gutsy hire that we need. 

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Beer 1

I like Dan but putting this mess on his plate is a hell of a thing. IF he was GM then he has to do the hiring of a new HC with a newer owner and some firing. That's a lot. I want to keep him but I think Tepper needs an old hand for his learning and the stability that would provide would set up Morgan to takeover. Even 2 years from an older guy would get us out of the hole this crew dug. 

I just don't want to screw over another guy who could be great by dumping this mess in their lap. We went extreme with the Rhule crowd, put to many people in bad positions with little help around them. I would love to see some baby-steps first. Not just for Dan but for Tepper and to help clean out the dead weight that Hurney put into place in the front office. 

Again, nothing against Dan but we have some cancer that needs to be irradiated before we can expect a guy like him to have a chance here. 

59 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If we fire everyone, Tepper should hire a Team President or something to find a GM/Coach.  Someone with lots of NFL experience.  It's clear that Tepper himself doesn't know how to pick out a good coach, and I hope he realizes that now.

Tepper refused to do that during the last coaching search.

He firmly believed that he, Marty Hurney and Steven Drummond could handle it without outside help.

That search landed us Matt Rhule.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Donte Jackson should have been traded at the deadline.  Whether you want to say thats coach or GM fault. Its bad on both cuz now he walks for nothing. Bad management all around. Nobody is smart in that front office currently and i would rather have new voices. 

3rd rounder and if not b/c stupid FA pickups then its for nothing and even worse.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Snake said:

🤣😂😭 Yeah so I should take your word for it and ignore actual reports from actual news sources. Like I said you do you. 

Who questioned the sources? I’m talking about words straight out of their mouths. 

“I wanna win a SB with Cam.” 
“Player A is important to our future”. Then cut shortly thereafter. 
How about recently. Some people were gullible enough to believe we would rotate QBs against WFT. Just because Rhule said they would. How did that work out for you? What else you got? 

• Flames 3

55 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

3rd rounder and if not b/c stupid FA pickups then its for nothing and even worse.

You know we have to do the free agent pickups this offseason. They bet wrong and now we will either do a bad contract for us or let him walk for jacksh$t. 

So same old Panthers, different faces lol

• Pie 1