• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton should be done as a starting QB in this league

NAS

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

There is also a segment that can’t admit Cam has faults with his playing. To them nothing is Cams fault, it’s always everyone else.  

Yep, and I don’t think it’s all Cam’s fault, most of the problems aren’t, but he just can’t be a starter anymore 

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

And I'm cool with that. At least I don't have to lie or create strawman arguments.

You use stats when he plays well and blame others when he does not.  So attack others when they disagree with you--at least you are consistent.   My shoe size is twice what his QB rating was yesterday.  Damn the GM-OL-WRs-Coach-weather-etc.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, ickmule said:

There is also a segment that can’t admit Cam has faults with his playing. To them nothing is Cams fault, it’s always everyone else.  

Have several seats there’s a difference in saying cam played bad and his career is done, we are not saying he played good, we aren’t just saying goofy poo like his career is done after one bad game either

Edited by Cpt slay a ho
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I know we hate Gman around here, but he did say that "big men let you compete" which is pretty spot on.

The other side of the coin would be that the lack of them give you what we have now.  Nobody can survive as QB, we don't have time to develop routes, CB's sit on the routes, etc.  Your playbook is only about 25% of what it should be.

Until the OLine is fixed, then I would not go wasting draft picks or FA money on anything else.

I am hopeful he can give us a few fun moments and games going out.  Hopefully none that are of the level stinkage of yesterday.   

I at least appreciate its Cam we're giving the shot with after Darnold.  And at the end of this lovely rollercoaster disaster of a season, we can reassess everything top down.  HC/Staff, QB, OL, DL, LB, RB

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

Everything.  It’s not about one game overreacting, Cam just can’t physically do it anymore.

It has zero to do with his point, which is no one is overreacting to Lamar’s bad game.

if the only time you create a thread is after a bad game by cam that’s pretty telling, what was physically lacking yesterday from him ? 

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You use stats when he plays well and blame others when he does not.  So attack others when they disagree with you--at least you are consistent.   My shoe size is twice what his QB rating was yesterday.  Damn the GM-OL-WRs-Coach-weather-etc.

If it were up to you we would be saddled with a hefty Kyle Allen extension. Remember those days? Ease up with the salt my guy.

• Pie 3