• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton should be done as a starting QB in this league

NAS

He just doesn't have the ability to throw the football anymore with any consistency.

Yes - Brady sucks

Yes - offensive line sucks

Yes - the wide receivers can't get open consistently.

You still expect your starting QB to put up better stats than 5/21, 92 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT passing.

Perhaps he can still be serviceable in goal line or short yardage packages but they need to just let PJ start and draft a QB next year.  Hopefully, we'll have a new coach by then too.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 9

The odds of a career resurgence were not great but it's all we had. Whenever we go from here my hope is that we seek a head coach with both real nfl experience and a new philosophy altogether. We've been doing the defensive identity thing for many years enough is enough. Get someone in here who wants to build up the offense into a threat with a real offensive line instead of wasting whole drafts on the other side of the ball and acting shocked when the wheels fall apart on offense.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

He just doesn't have the ability to throw the football anymore with any consistency.

Yes - Brady sucks

You still expect your starting QB to put up better stats than 5/21, 92 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT passing.

Perhaps he can still be serviceable in goal line or short yardage packages but they need to just let PJ start and draft a QB next year.  Hopefully, we'll have a new coach by then too.

That 64 yard pass play was pretty good and I’m  Pretty sure he checked out of whatever Brady called to that play based on the defense 

he also had two passes to start the game In DJs hands dropped

The truth is, he has issues, but so does every other player and coach on that field 

the shallow crossing routes called in certain situations with routes too close   to the oline ….simply unbelievable particularly when as a OC you can see the defense crowding the line and sitting on those routes 

ask yourself, there are three capable running backs plus Newton against a blitzing Miami defense that isn’t great against the run, why were they throwing so much 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yes - Brady sucks

We used him correctly against Arizona - red zone QB who's a threat to score with his arms or his legs, especially when you're running Play Action.

As evidenced by his 5.8 QB rating yesterday, he's toast as a starting QB in the NFL. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, NAS said:

Yes - Brady sucks

Honestly I just can’t comprehend how shitty of an OC brady is. He was genuinely putting any qb we put under center in serious danger. We have no o line and his play designs are atrocious and so slow and he doesn’t even bother to keep the rb to block or add an inline blocker. He owes this team an apology after that poo show we just watched.

• Pie 1

I'm surprised we haven't seen PJ more in the past two weeks honestly. Cam can still obviously play a part in the offense, especially in the red zone. But I just can't see how he's a full time starting option after less than 3 weeks on the roster. If they bring him back next season and he has a full offseason in whatever offensive coordinator's system they have, I'm sure he'd look better. I feel like they ran the same 3-4 formations and ran the same plays over and over because he only knows like 20% of the playbook at this point. 

• Beer 1

Just yet another reminder that the WFT had both its DEs out. Both those DEs are 1 - elite the other very good.

There's a reason we had time to throw last time. This OL makes any our QBs look like poo and then Brady on top makes it look like something we'd need another vocabulary word invented for.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen PJ more in the past two weeks honestly. Cam can still obviously play a part in the offense, especially in the red zone. But I just can't see how he's a full time starting option after less than 3 weeks on the roster. If they bring him back next season and he has a full offseason in whatever offensive coordinator's system they have, I'm sure he'd look better. I feel like they ran the same 3-4 formations and ran the same plays over and over because he only knows like 20% of the playbook at this point. 

Honestly…it’s just insane to me that the coaching staff didn’t see something in practice to say they needed to bring him along slower. As fans we of course want to see him start. But FFS this is the NFL…they didn’t see ANY downside of playing a guy 100% of the snaps who can only deliver 50% of the playbook??

• Pie 2