• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton should be done as a starting QB in this league

NAS

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I'm over it, bro.  There is just a segment that is fixated on and determined to make Cam the problem and salivating at every opportunity for perceived failure so they can make threads like this.

Lamar Jackson threw 4 HORRIBLE picks last night.  But his coaching staff knew what tf they were doing and made the right decisions when the time came and their defense and run game held up their end of the bargain, as they usually always do.  And yet, I don't see Ravens fans calling for his head en masse.  Because they understand the big picture and appreciate his talent, even on a bad day/night.  We seriously have one of the dumbest fanbases out there, period.

They won..................but if they lost? 

32 minutes ago, Butterflyj30 said:

I think he is deserving of another year and they really need to address the O-Line it's out of control at this point

I am not sure he has shown he is deserving of another year.  He may well prove that he is, but I have some concerns on a couple of throws he made yesterday - especially on passes outside the hashes/out routes.  Looks like his velocity has dropped on those throws especially 15 yards or more and he is "looping" the ball more.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I have concerns about his arm still and they can limit what you do offensively.

Reflecting back in time to the 2015-16 season, we all remember how Cam went was how the Carolina Panthers went that year.

When  he was playing right and dancing and celebrating with his teammates and was healthy, he could win games but he couldn't change the way he played after that as teams began hitting him and planning for his runs to the point where he was calling for officials to get some of the calls.

Some of it fell on Cam himself, there comes a time where you have to adjust to moving and working within the pocket instead of tucking and running, Steve McNair for example ran less and less as his career progressed and a lot of these scrambling quarterbacks now will have to make that difficult transition.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

He just doesn't have the ability to throw the football anymore with any consistency.

Yes - Brady sucks

Yes - offensive line sucks

Yes - the wide receivers can't get open consistently.

You still expect your starting QB to put up better stats than 5/21, 92 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT passing.

Perhaps he can still be serviceable in goal line or short yardage packages but they need to just let PJ start and draft a QB next year.  Hopefully, we'll have a new coach by then too.

I will give him this goose egg but if he shows the same outing then yes it's time for him to retire.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m for letting him finish this year. We kind of owe it to him. If he bounces back, next year is on the table. I mean he looked great one week ago, so let’s see how he does after the bye. 

I feel the same but he put together a good game after bye and then a bad one after. I believe he is done bc the arm may not be good enough to use multiple games and throws.

45 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I am not sure he has shown he is deserving of another year.  He may well prove that he is, but I have some concerns on a couple of throws he made yesterday - especially on passes outside the hashes/out routes.  Looks like his velocity has dropped on those throws especially 15 yards or more and he is "looping" the ball more.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I have concerns about his arm still and they can limit what you do offensively.

I think we have to give him some time to learn this offense 

• Pie 1

Consistency is VERY important.  For example, a QB can have 1 bad game every 4 games and make the playoffs/win a division.  But if they do not get a first round bye, that bad game is going to cost them a Lombardi---every time.  Look at NE--they have a lesser athlete--the fourth QB taken in the draft--and they are winning.  Why?  He is consistent, accurate, and smart.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Consistency is VERY important.  For example, a QB can have 1 bad game every 4 games and make the playoffs/win a division.  But if they do not get a first round bye, that bad game is going to cost them a Lombardi---every time.  Look at NE--they have a lesser athlete--the fourth QB taken in the draft--and they are winning.  Why?  He is consistent, accurate, and smart.

Yeah it’s all the QB for why NE is winning. Super analysis.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Reflecting back in time to the 2015-16 season, we all remember how Cam went was how the Carolina Panthers went that year.

When  he was playing right and dancing and celebrating with his teammates and was healthy, he could win games but he couldn't change the way he played after that as teams began hitting him and planning for his runs to the point where he was calling for officials to get some of the calls.

Some of it fell on Cam himself, there comes a time where you have to adjust to moving and working within the pocket instead of tucking and running, Steve McNair for example ran less and less as his career progressed and a lot of these scrambling quarterbacks now will have to make that difficult transition.

McNair, Josh Allen, even Big Ben. Eventually you have to transform your game just for the sake of longevity. Look no further than the career of NFL running backs. That is a ton of punishment to absorb to be a bruising runner. 

I still have some fleeting hope Cam can resurrect his career to be a top 15 NFL QB. Admittedly that looks less and less likely as time passes.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

McNair, Josh Allen, even Big Ben. Eventually you have to transform your game just for the sake of longevity. Look no further than the career of NFL running backs. That is a ton of punishment to absorb to be a bruising runner. 

I still have some fleeting hope Cam can resurrect his career to be a top 15 NFL QB. Admittedly that looks less and less likely as time passes.

Regardless of Cam's current abilities, we have bigger problems than QB play right now. Would anyone look good with us right now? I just can't see that answer as a yes on any level. 

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

It’s obvious that a lot of folks in here have an anti-Cam agenda.  Y’all are beyond ridiculous.

I'm sick of it. It's the same sh!t that's been going on for a decade. Nit picking every little thing about Cam, never giving him the benefit of a doubt. Never looking at the whole picture. Displaying no football knowledge. Cam could be perfect for weeks, but makes 1 mistake and the F150 crowd comes out of hiding. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Regardless of Cam's current abilities, we have bigger problems than QB play right now. Would anyone look good with us right now? I just can't see that answer as a yes on any level. 

Yeah, I blame very little of our current predicament on any player, even Darnold. Matt Rhule has done this to all of us. Players and fans alike.

• Flames 1