• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey, Tepper, next time hire a grown up coach

rayzor

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

They already interviewed him the last cycle so I don’t expect him to be a serious candidate other than for the Rooney requirement 

And they made mistakes last time. They had their guy picked before interviewing others. And they screwed the pooch.

Go back and make it right.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And they made mistakes last time. They had their guy picked before interviewing others. And they screwed the pooch.

Go back and make it right.

I mean personally I wouldn’t mind giving Bienemy a shot. At the very least the team would probably be good for a season or two. Andy Reid’s offensive assistants don’t have the best long term track records though. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Every seat to every game of this year has already been paid for. It’s just a matter of whether those people that paid full price can recoup pennies on their dollar or whether they no show that is the question. 

Ticket revenue is only one part of the equation. When attendance is down that kills concession and other stadium gameday revenue (jersey sales etc). This is why NFL owners hate losing at home, because it suppresses the other revenue streams that fans tend not to think about. People who aren't at the stadium tend not buy 10 dollar beers and 8 dollar hot dogs from you.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Reportedly EB wanted to keep Cam and, at that time Tepper didn't. I don't think that would be an issue now.

With EB, the fact that he is an Andy Reid coordinator gives me pause. Those guys tend to go the same way as Belichick coordinators. 

Also, there's rumors of some skeletons in his closet from his time at Colorado that might rear their ugly head when he gets a head coaching job. 

• Beer 1

My advice to Tepper;

Stop putting so much freaking trust in analytics and look around you at what has been working for eons. 

In other words, people who have experience on NFL sidelines(more than just a year) are better suited to coach NFL teams than people who have spent their entire career in college. 

18 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

Eric Bieniemy please 

Rivera went on a million interviews before Carolina hired him. Bieniemy should get a chance. 

One of the biggest issues with this team is we have an OC that had no experience calling plays and was carried by a generational QB and generational wide receivers and people wanna hire a guy that doesnt call plays and is carried by a generational QB and a generational tight end and generational wide receiver to be our head coach

no thanks

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

With EB, the fact that he is an Andy Reid coordinator gives me pause. Those guys tend to go the same way as Belichick coordinators. 

Also, there's rumors of some skeletons in his closet from his time at Colorado that might rear their ugly head when he gets a head coaching job. 

hard part about Andy Reid coordinators, is that overall, Reid has historically been the playcaller in Philly and KC.  

and you got to think Reid is still doing a lot of that today despite EB getting the credit.  Unless, EB has the identical tendencies that Andy Reid does.  

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

On that note, what names do you think Daboll would bring along with him if he was hired as HC?

Haven't done a real thorough look there but based on past connections here are some possible options among coaching staffs likely to be dismissed:

- Juan Castillo, OL Coach, Bears (one of the best in the league at that spot)
- Patrick Graham, DC, Giants (he's getting head coaching looks himself)
- Ed Donatell, DB Coach, Broncos (he's also been a DC before, and a good one)
- Adam Zimmer, LB Coach/co-DC, Vikings (if theyclean house, dad Mike might be available too)

As far as potential promotions, there's Jaguars QB Coach Brian Schottenheimer (possible OC) Bills LB Coach Bob Babich (DC option) Chiefs QB Coach Mike Kafka (no connection but a hot name and reportedly not under contract for next season) and our old pal Ken Dorsey (also a possible OC).

Daboll has also worked with a few of the guys on the current Panthers staff, specifically LB Coach Al Holcomb, Defensive Assistant Terrance Knighton, RB Coach Jeff Nixon and Assistant OL Coach Tony Sparano Jr.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, BrianS said:

This is what so many people don't understand.  Tepper gets his attendance money before the season even starts.  He doesn't care.

very sad conversation we are having in this  Thread

Makes it pretty hard to get that new stadium when it’s filled with the opposing teams”fans and make no mistake if Rhule continues, that’s what it will be. 

Not a good look when an owner has his hand out to the city and state to ‘pay their share’ for a new stadium  

This mess is totally self inflected by Tepper and he is the only one who can make it right 

I’ve lived through Capers, Seifert, Fox, Rivera. 

the difference is each of those men had a  NFL resume.

Rhule was an atrocious hire  he has nothing, absolutely nothing on his resume, that indicates he should have been given the keys to a $2.9 billion Pro franchise   Nothing     

I don't know if anyone remembers this but when Rhule was hired, they had a whole mini documentary made. In that, Tepper says something along the lines of he went in and spoke some but Hurney did most of the talking at some point and he was all in on Rhule. After Hurney was fired Tepper said he wasn't as involved as he would have liked to have been and didn't bring the same level of thinking to the football world that he had in the finance world. He let the football guys run the show. Problem was Hurney ( and I'd imagine so leftovers from the Richardson era ) convinced Tepper Hurney was a "football guy" when he was just a moron. HOPEFULLY he has learned. It looks like he has some actual talent in the front office now. God Hurney must be one smooth talking motherfuger.