• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelly leaves ND for LSU.

raleigh-panther

33 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Kelly had one of the fat cat jobs in the country. I know recruiting is more difficult at  ND vs  LSU.   Schedule  will probably be harder at LSU.  They'll play Alabama every year, but  Sabin will retire one day lol .  

I didn't think he'd leave ND .. 

I wonder if this will possibly have a baring Notre Dame entering the ACC as a full conference member.  ( or the Big 10 etc )

The Notre Dame TV deal used to be the envy of the football world but now it nets them less than the ACC TV deal payout does on an annual basis.

I think it is inevitable they join somewhere eventually. The current climate isn't kind to independents. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Kelly has played in 2 college football playoff games and 1 conference title game while at ND…..and been laughed out of the stadium in all 3.  

he won’t last long at LSU

Yep. This is a dumb move. He had a better chance to stay employed longer at ND

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Wanderlai said:

Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thats was me too, HOLY LEE fug...... I fully understand why my uncle tried his whole life to coach college ball. Insane what happen to the coaching market in just 2 days. Five days ago jim harbaugh was thought of as a massive over-pay........now they may need/almost must give him a pay increase. Still now his contract is peanuts, what a difference in couple days...