• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelly leaves ND for LSU.

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep

i suspect the academic standards are a wee bit more relaxed….

It's cute that people think the academic standards at good schools aren't WAY more relaxed for athletes. There's a reason why those wealthy people were paying bag men to pay off non-revenue sports coaches to get their kids into good schools.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's cute that people think the academic standards at good schools aren't WAY more relaxed for athletes. There's a reason why those wealthy people were paying bag men to pay off non-revenue sports coaches to get their kids into good schools.

They at least make the pretense ….I would not think USC is a paragon of intellectualism either.  I spend a lot of time out there. It shows how stupid the parents are. Cal Berkeley or Stanford for prestige. Not USC

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Who saw that coming?

Kelly had one of the fat cat jobs in the country. I know recruiting is more difficult at  ND vs  LSU.   Schedule  will probably be harder at LSU.  They'll play Alabama every year, but  Sabin will retire one day lol .  

I didn't think he'd leave ND .. 

I wonder if this will possibly have a baring Notre Dame entering the ACC as a full conference member.  ( or the Big 10 etc )

48 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya… shouldn’t the NCAA put a anti-poaching action in place while the season is ongoing?

Nah. They basically got their nuts snipped in recent events. College football runs itself.

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It really is. With the insane contracts being given out left and right in college, the NFL is about to turn into a farm league for P5 college coaches.

The NFL isn't gonna be happy about this but NFL coaching salaries are going to have to adjust accordingly. Rhule's contract isn't gonna look like poo in 3 years, I suspect.