• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler Mock Draft 1.0 (from The Athletic)

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If we gave up an early 3rd for depth, then we are stupid as poo and there’s no hope for the current regime. If Horn has long term affects from the foot injury then again, we are bent over a barrel. We knew going into 2020 and 2021 that we lacked talent at a lot of spots. Our 2020 first is not looking good and if Horn falls in that bucket and we have no day two picks in 2022, yeesh we are in for a long road.

IMHO, CJ and Horn have to work out. We’ve used too much capital on CBs now. Also, I completely forgot about Taylor. We’ve got Horn, CJ, Taylor, Bouye and Hartsfield under contract next year. If we can’t make do with that, then we are going to continue to have big holes elsewhere.

I just don’t think CJ has what it takes.

I don't think he has a burning desire to compete.

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Stop reaching for QBs

Not necessarily advocating for us to go quarterback in the first but who have we "reached" for? The last QB we drafted was Will Grier (lol) in the third round. I can't even call signing Teddy Bridgwater and trading for Sam Darnold attempts. No other teams were willing to A. pay Teddy that much money and B. give up that much for Sam Darnold. We have yet to make a real attempt.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

There are no 1st round quality QB's in this draft. 

This is so overplayed by people because everyone is comparing it to last year.  Last year was different because you had a guy (Trevor) that probably would have been the 1st QB every year since Luck, then Wilson probably would have been a 1st QB a lot of years.  Everyone wants this type of prospect but honestly unless you are picking #1 it usually doesn't happen.

Depending on the team evaluating, if you combined all of the QBs from last year's class and this years, the top 1 or 2 from this year's class would probably fall in the 3-6 range.  Same could be said about Mahomes, Lamar, Watson, and Herbert as prospects.

Alos people think in terms of ranking instead of grade.  For example, the Pats got the 5th QB last year at 15 who might have had a grade of 90, this year the 15th pick might be the 2nd QB took but he might have a grade of 90 also.

17 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

This is so overplayed by people because everyone is comparing it to last year.  Last year was different because you had a guy (Trevor) that probably would have been the 1st QB every year since Luck, then Wilson probably would have been a 1st QB a lot of years.  Everyone wants this type of prospect but honestly unless you are picking #1 it usually doesn't happen.

Depending on the team evaluating, if you combined all of the QBs from last year's class and this years, the top 1 or 2 from this year's class would probably fall in the 3-6 range.  Same could be said about Mahomes, Lamar, Watson, and Herbert as prospects.

Alos people think in terms of ranking instead of grade.  For example, the Pats got the 5th QB last year at 15 who might have had a grade of 90, this year the 15th pick might be the 2nd QB took but he might have a grade of 90 also.

No, I am saying that none of these QB's are first round caliber. None.

I can do that for every year going back and I would still say the same thing. I don't care if no quality QB's exist in a draft but they get selected in the top 15. That's desperation and it's dumb.

I am not an outlier in this opinion.

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

For Sam Howell's sake, I hope he doesn't go top 15. I hope he goes to a team with a good QB he can develop behind. 

From the article, regarding Howell...

General manager Kevin Colbert has traveled to see Howell multiple times this fall, and he might be their top option available at this point in the draft.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No, I am saying that none of these QB's are first round caliber. None.

I can do that for every year going back and I would still say the same thing. I don't care if no quality QB's exist in a draft but they get selected in the top 15. That's desperation and it's dumb.

I am not an outlier in this opinion.

What is your idea of 1st round caliber?  Luck and Trevor?

What about Watson?  Mahomes?  Lamar?  Herbert?  I guess you wouldn't draft them either.  There will be a QB this year that will have a similar grade to those 4 on most teams boards.