• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Who do you blame for the current situation the Panthers are in?

jackson113

Who do you blame?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who

• Tepper
    • Fitts
    • Rhule
    • Players getting injured
    • Non NFL experience staff
    • A little bit of everything

I think Rhule is at the most fault, here. Tepper hired Rhule, and took a chance on him. Hiring any coach is a risk, whether it's an experienced one or not. So that's either going to be a hit or a miss. But if they went with someone experienced, there's a reason an experienced HC is no longer coaching their old team. Tepper gives his football feedback, but let the coaches / GM ultimately handle the scenario.

But Rhule I think is at the forefront of the major issues. He chose his staff. His inability to adapt, and have the team looking like they took a step forward is the major issue. Progress on the field comes down to coaching. I still think he could take a step forward in year 3, but if they cut ties before then, I wouldn't be upset in the least.

• Pie 2

Tepper first and then the failed employees he hired who hired more failed employees and then the player. 

We can't fire Tepper but the rest of the staff is very firable. Burn it down and don't allow any of them to be apart of the new process if you don't want a repeat of this debacle. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I voted a little bit of everything, but I think the majority of the blame goes to Rhule. The one thing that I was most confident about when Rhule was hired was his ability to put the right pieces in place. So far, I would give him an F - in that regard. 

QB situation is unimaginably bad

Oline situation is unimaginably bad

Draft situation is unimaginably bad 

The draft situation just baffles me. You’re building for the future, yet you trade your draft picks away in order to win now. The fact that they drafted a long snapper tells me they’re trying to be way too cute and don’t actually value draft picks as much as we think. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I really don’t see us being in this situation with an experienced NFL staff.

Hate to say it but with the roster we have I don’t think Rivera, Fox, Seifert or Capers would be 5-7 right now. 

There does need to be a foot in the ass of Fitt for this OL. But Hurney didn’t leave him much.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Team's collapsing on both sides of the ball now, it's on the head coach.

27 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I really don’t see us being in this situation with an experienced NFL staff.

Hate to say it but with the roster we have I don’t think Rivera, Fox, Seifert or Capers would be 5-7 right now. 

There does need to be a foot in the ass of Fitt for this OL. But Hurney didn’t leave him much.

I don't think Fitt is giving much roster input yet. Seems like more of negotiator and asset manager than a scouter like Hurney and Gettleman. Picking up Sam's option is his only real blunder so far for me.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1