• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some insight into McCaffrey...

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Geronimo said:

I disagree.  I think strength has a lot to do with durability and being able to withstand injuries depending on the person.

I'd say there's an obvious correlation to increased athleticism and ligament tears. Ligaments are not built to be that strong, fast, and explosive and it's leading to more non-contact injuries.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

I love the part where they were “concerned” that Cam was getting the dog crap kicked out of him…

But refused then and are still refusing to assemble a group that looks even remotely like an NFL line.

Or even stand up to the officiating crews for looking the other way when Cam was being headhunted. 

CMC’s talent was absolutely worth a top pick. They way he was planned on being used was NOT.

Let’s just all imagine for a minute and think about how successful coaches such as Reid, McVay, Belicheck and Payton would utilize a player like CMC, who has already shown to be an elite receiving threat. There is not a snowballs chance in hell those intuitive coaches take CMC and premiere him as a run between the tackles player. They would have had another dime a dozen RB doing that.

Those coaches would’ve had him training in the slot and backfield receiving since day 1, with backfield rushing plays lightly sprinkled in utilizing his finest skills - agility and YAC. Aka Welker, except better potential imo. And that’s saying a lot.

The Panther’s dinosaur coaches had zero ability or innovation to do this or even attempt it. Same concept with Cam. Again, another RB could’ve been getting those tough yards, not your franchise QB.

It’s not Fournette vs CMC because they are completely different players. If you are dumb enough to use them the same or look at them the same you really have no business analyzing the picks at all.

For this inept franchise the pick and extension was certainley a waste.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Captroop said:

Between Cam, Luke, and CMC, it's hard to believe we squandered an opportunity to win a championship with that many generational talents on the roster at the same time.

Been saying this for the longest time. Rivera screwed the pooch with all that talent. To the point that he allowed them to play while being hurt. For what? To save his job? He rode Cam's talent to the ground, which is why i wish i lived in another timeline where we won that 2015 season because after that, it all went down hill super fast. 

17 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I fully believe that Christian is over training. We saw it before with Beason.

I agree 100% with this. Big muscles but it's the tendons that keep getting damaged. Lighten up on the weights just a bit, get up to around 2% body fat, man. Worry more about your health than your next modelling gig. 

Seriously, though, he is over training.

18 minutes ago, joemac said:

Heres a crazy idea.  Stop running him up the goddamn gut every single play like hes Earl Campbell or some poo.

On the mind numbingly predictable playcalling I completely agree but as far as utilizing talent if you can't run your 8th overall pick rb up the gut without him breaking you probably shouldn't have drafted him.

I was all in on team CMC when drafting, thought that someone like him could have won us the Super Bowl had we had him on the team vs. Denver.

That said, extending him, 3 years into a 5 year deal was classic stupidity that has plagued the franchise for decades.  We are a dumb team, always have been.

This whole time our front office wanted to "take pressure" off of Cam Newton by drafting oversized WRs, a verstile RB, when all they needed to do to take pressure off was to build Cam and o-line. That's it. That fuggin simple. It's not hard at all. All those wasted assets year after year drafting "luxury" picks like Vernon Fuggin Butler when you should have been spending high draft capital on o-line. And now we seem to be doing the same godamn thing with the new regime. It just never ends. BUILD A MOTHERFUGGIN O-LINE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!! Sh*t is just infuriating when our own fans are legit better talent evaluators and team builders than our people that get paid millions to do it.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

This whole time our front office wanted to "take pressure" off of Cam Newton by drafting oversized WRs, a verstile RB, when all they needed to do to take pressure off was to build Cam and o-line. That's it. That fuggin simple. It's not hard at all. All those wasted assets year after year drafting "luxury" picks like Vernon Fuggin Butler when you should have been spending high draft capital on o-line. And now we seem to be doing the same godamn thing with the new regime. It just never ends. BUILD A MOTHERFUGGIN O-LINE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!! Sh*t is just infuriating when our own fans are legit better talent evaluators and team builders than our people that get paid millions to do it.

Yup after the 2016 blunder that all but completely guaranteed the end of the run with our 2015 core what do we do in 2020? An all defense draft! 😂