• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule a hot name for open college coaching jobs at Oklahoma, Notre Dame

NAS

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

He expressed a total commitment to coaching at Baylor just a little before taking the Panthers job (signed an extension too if I remember correctly).

He expresses total confidence in a lot of things before they go the other way

i don’t think he’s going anywhere

but I’d watch Oklahoma 

7 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I could see Daboll....and I could see him bringing Ken Dorsey to be OC. Obviously Daboll would still be involved, and Dorsey already knows the system. Maybe hire a veteran NFL DC

Dorsey or Brian Schottenheimer would be OC options.

DC? He could get Patrick Graham, Bob Babich or Ed Donatell. Could also conceivably get Mike Zimmer if the Vikes fire him (he's worked with Zimmer's son Adam before).

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dorsey or Brian Schottenheimer would be OC options.

DC? He could get Patrick Graham, Bob Babich or Ed Donatell. Could also conceivably get Mike Zimmer if the Vikes fire him (he's worked with Zimmer's son Adam before).

Sup Scot, I was curious if still feel the 2015 team would not beat this 2021 team....like Thomas Davis said they were more talented as well. Do you want to change that opinion more given more games have been played or doubled down?

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Sup Scot, I was curious if still feel the 2015 team would not beat this 2021 team....like Thomas Davis said they were more talented as well. Do you want to change that opinion more given more games have been played or doubled down?

I don't honestly remember the discussion.

I would say right now that while this team certainly has talent in spots (this year's receiver group would definitely trump the 2015 bunch) the coaching staff is...deficient.

2 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Rhule has proven he’s a superior college coach rather than a pro coach so I’d be great with that. 

Better college coach than pro coach...yeah.

I still question how great a college coach he really is though. I can't recall his teams being all that great against bigger schools or winning bunch of bowl games.

• Beer 1