• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule a hot name for open college coaching jobs at Oklahoma, Notre Dame

NAS

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You don’t get to change the rules.  Yards allowed is absolutely the best metric because it accounts for how terrible the offense might be

Phins had 3 scoring drives Sunday where they didn’t travel even 25 yards.  ST gave up 7 on top of that. 

25 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You don’t get to change the rules.  Yards allowed is absolutely the best metric because it accounts for how terrible the offense might be

What if a team has a lot of turnovers from Darnold and Cam (last game) throwing picks. That leaves short fields to score. Also they are clearly just running down our throats and milking the clock while scoring. Time of possession and points allowed should be included in overall defensive rankings. There are too many variables to go strictly by yards. Denver is 9th in yards allowed but 3rd in points. Points decide the game along with time of possession.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

What if a team has a lot of turnovers from Darnold and Cam (last game) throwing picks. That leaves short fields to score. Also they are clearly just running down our throats and milking the clock while scoring. Time of possession and points allowed should be included in overall defensive rankings. There are too many variables to go strictly by yards. Denver is 9th in yards allowed but 3rd in points. Points decide the game along with time of possession.

We are #2 in total defense

corvette deal with it GIF

Edited by Shocker

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We are #2 in total defense

corvette deal with it GIF

Just questioning the “total defense” metric. Using strictly total yards is flawed by short field positioning. Using points allowed us flawed by special teams and defensive TDs. I want our defense to be great, but they seem so streaky right now. Looked great against Arizona and terrible against WFT and Miami. We definitely have talent on that side of the ball. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Just questioning the “total defense” metric. Using strictly total yards is flawed by short field positioning. Using points allowed us flawed by special teams and defensive TDs. I want our defense to be great, but they seem so streaky right now. Looked great against Arizona and terrible against WFT and Miami. We definitely have talent on that side of the ball. 

Miami, Philly, Giants all were games where the opponents put up points in large part because of the O.  

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember when I got poo'd to death for saying that I doubt Rhule ends up working out after he traded significant assets for Sam Darnold a year after throwing significant money at Teddy Bridgewater? I remember.

I was flat out insulted when I predicted Rhule would wash out in 3 years lmao

• Pie 4

Take it with a grain of salt, but I know an OU insider who knew their coach was leaving before he did. They mainly want Brady, but if Rhule being there is what it takes to get him they'll do it - and the boosters are more than happy to cover any payout that results from Rhule leaving.