• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

11/30 Game Thread, Canes @ Stars 8:30 Puck Drop

Harbingers

Boy, was that not a fun watch last night. Unfortunately, I was multi-tasking with a 9' Christmas tree and my wife kept telling me maybe it wasn't a good idea for me to be working on the tree while the Canes were losing....

Anyway, I'm not sure 4 goals on 17 shots is a good look for Anderson. Granted, 1 was empty net, but 2 were off breakaways. Having the #2, 3 and 4 defensemen off the ice hurts a lot. I thought the Dallas game was fairly easy to diagnose- they simply played defense be flooding the middle of the ice and forced everything outside for the Canes. Couldn't get anything to the front of the net and cross-ice passes were getting picked off all night. 

On another note, I saw where RBA was fined $25k for unleashing his fury at the refs during the Washington game Sunday. Tripp even walked back his game-time comments that Aho's penalty, which resulted in the 5-on-3 for the Caps, was not a slash, which he said was a slash during the game. And I don't have a problem if the calls are consistent both ways, but less than 3 minutes later Staal had his stick taken out of his hands in the same manner and no call was made. It's the same across all sports for me- when the calls made by officials have a direct effect on the outcome of the game and they've taken it out of the players hands, then it's a problem.  

Edited by Anybodyhome

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Boy, was that not a fun watch last night. Unfortunately, I was multi-tasking with a 9' Christmas tree and my wife kept telling me maybe it wasn't a good idea for me to be working on the tree while the Canes were losing....

Anyway, I'm not sure 4 goals on 17 shots is a good look for Anderson. Granted, 1 was empty net, but 2 were off breakaways. Having the #2, 3 and 4 defensemen off the ice hurts a lot. I thought the Dallas game was fairly easy to diagnose- they simply played defense be flooding the middle of the ice and forced everything outside for the Canes. Couldn't get anything to the front of the net and cross-ice passes were getting picked off all night. 

On another note, I saw where RBA was fined $25k for unleashing his fury at the refs during the Washington game Sunday. Tripp even walked back his game-time comments that Aho's penalty, which resulted in the 5-on-3 for the Caps, was not a slash, which he said was a slash during the game. And I don't have a problem if the calls are consistent both ways, but less than 3 minutes later Staal had his stick taken out of his hands in the same manner and no call was made. It's the same across all sports for me- when the calls made by officials have a direct effect on the outcome of the game and they've taken it out of the players hands, then it's a problem.  

Apparently one of Washington’s goals was offsides too.