• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Carousel Rumors

jb2288

Don’t shoot the messenger as this could (and probably is) 100% inaccurate, but from what I’m hearing Diaz is out at Miami, and Kiffin has accepted the job. Ole Miss is down to promoting OC Lebby, or going to get Rhule. Not sure it makes sense, but that’s what I’m hearing from my sources. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger as this could (and probably is) 100% inaccurate, but from what I’m hearing Diaz is out at Miami, and Kiffin has accepted the job. Ole Miss is down to promoting OC Lebby, or going to get Rhule. Not sure it makes sense, but that’s what I’m hearing from my sources. 

I’m telling you guys, IF he does leave it’ll be for ND.

He knows he won’t make it in the SEC. Plus the whole atmosphere fits Rhule. He would go there.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

He knows he won’t make it in the SEC. Plus the whole atmosphere fits Rhule. He would go there.

Sign me up I want Rhule gone. Don’t care how it happens. If this team had a franchise QB I’d be down to keep him another season. QB position is a f*cking mess and I’d rather start fresh with a new coach and QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Rhule isn’t leaving a $60 mil NFL job for Ole Miss and if he did then he is just looking for the fastest exit. Some CFB jobs make sense….Ole Miss would be a major downgrade. 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

ND makes sense. Although they don’t need a rebuild, Rhule’s personality was just made for college. 

5 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

They wouldn’t pay Kelly, a proven winner for them,  but they will pay Rhule who was not nearly as successful in the NCAA…

Wishful thinking    Don’t get me wrong, I’d like him to leave, I just don’t see him there. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Rhule isn’t leaving a $60 mil NFL job for Ole Miss and if he did then he is just looking for the fastest exit. Some CFB jobs make sense….Ole Miss would be a major downgrade. 

Ole Miss doesn't make any sense at all. If he leaves here(willingly) it would be for a much better job than that.

Also, keep in mind that not every big time college might be enamored with a guy known for building from nothing and then bouncing after 3 years. One thing that Matt Rhule has never technically shown is the ability to sustain success.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

They wouldn’t pay Kelly, a proven winner for them,  but they will pay Rhule who was not nearly as successful in the NCAA…

Wishful thinking    Don’t get me wrong, I’d like him to leave, I just don’t see him there. 

Kelly got $100 mil. ND could write Rhule a voidable 7-year contract for $60 mil and save $40 mil. Rhule gets basically another start with the same money he’d make at CAR. If they offered that he’d be dumb not to take it. Bc if he has another bad year here he’s done. Nobody is gonna touch him. He’ll be a coordinator or get a mediocre college job. Ole Miss is a losing proposition. They’re gonna get run in the new SEC and now you’re following Kiffin if he leaves. You basically take that job if you’re looking for any way out of your situation.