• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team is in "Win Now" mode

bLACKpANTHER

Fitterer has done the pay day loans route of NFL general management. He borrowed heavily against tomorrow to bet on "great deals" and "real values". We're short on draft picks, we've gotten little from the ones he made, our cap space is tighter than the overall number looks, and we're no better in the end than we were when Rivera left town.

The only group to benefit from Fitterer's efforts and Rhule's guidance is the Temple Alumni Fund. They are certainly doing better with this than our fanbase is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm happy with Gilmore being on board. I haven't seen any receivers beating him like a Jackson. 

I'm happier now with Henderson. Things started a little shaky bc I was expecting him to come in immediately, but he's playing well.

Darnold....I honestly think that given the right protection, scheme and coaching, Darnold would be good. The problem is that I don't think we have that right now. 

It's unfortunate the issues of the Panthers seem to compound themselves from one season to the next. And it's gone on for so many years in Charlotte that a single off-season isn't going to change or fix anything.

The QB issues go back to 2018; the O-line issues go back years and is not a one-off situation, it's now a generational issue with this team. General managers are a generational challenge with this team. There are all issues that have compounded themselves over the years and have only gotten exponentially worse, not better. 

If you hired Ray Charles to paint the inside of your house and you're not happy with the results, would you then hire Stevie Wonder to come in and fix it? This is the path the Carolina Panthers have chosen and it's the primary reason I can shake my head, laugh and thank the people who bought my PSLs a few years back. 

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Fitterer has done the pay day loans route of NFL general management. He borrowed heavily against tomorrow to bet on "great deals" and "real values". We're short on draft picks, we've gotten little from the ones he made, our cap space is tighter than the overall number looks, and we're no better in the end than we were when Rivera left town.

The only group to benefit from Fitterer's efforts and Rhule's guidance is the Temple Alumni Fund. They are certainly doing better with this than our fanbase is.

The only pick we traded away that doesn't look like it will pan out is the 2nd for Darnold.  The deals for Henderson and Gilmore are looking fine, though for different reasons.

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The Darnold deal looks like total ass. The only saving grace is the Jets got 3 picks but won't know how to use them anyway. The 5th year option has that feeling of waking up next to the waffle house waitress after one too many mad dog 20/20s and a dare from your now former buddies.

Henderson makes sense in some respects. 3rd round pick for a guy still on his rookie deal. DJax has gotten torched the past couple of weeks and Henderson can give us the chance to get a CB of equal caliber for less money and we get a 3rd rd comp back for Djax contract if we let him walk. 

I can't criticize Gilmore too much because we likely just traded a 6th for a 5th comp. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

we get a 3rd rd comp back for Djax contract if we let him walk. 

The round depends on the money involved.  We should get something - assuming our losses outnumber our signings - but we won't know what until we see the money.

24 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

For all the flack @LinvilleGorgegot for saying he didn't think we were a playoff team on this board, it looks like the guy you all called a wet napkin was right again. The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Notice how scarce the Sunshine Squad got when the obvious started playing out?

Funny thing is, for all the shade that gets thrown around about "negativity" the "realists" largely stick around good, bad or Matt Rhule. 

You don't go hide in a corner when the chips are down.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Right, but I expect he'll get paid well enough to net us a 3rd, as long as we don't waste it on another reclamation project. 

I think the staff is seeing the benefit in having a real veteran QB with Cam being back. 

We'll sign Kurt Warner to a 3 year contract.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This team could be winning this year but they made huge mistakes in personnel in the offseason.

Even then a growing staff could sneak a few more wins with this roster but that is clearly not this staff, or at least any thing they have shown to date. As year 2 stands, this crew is still not NFL competent. Not close. It actually appears to be regressing somehow as the year goes on.

Gilmore was a good trade, Henderson trade only looks bad because of the Sam trade, which combined with his wasted 5th year option is disastrous. The draft was mostly wrong and showed they don't understand value or need.

No one has said it but we might have to keep Sam and Rhule due to cap restrictions, making next year a bye week year for me. That is as horrifying to me as allowing this crew to trade away future value again. 

GIF by The Office

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The only pick we traded away that doesn't look like it will pan out is the 2nd for Darnold.  The deals for Henderson and Gilmore are looking fine, though for different reasons.

Really? Our shut down defense has been, errr.... We've made Tua and Taylor look great. 

• Pie 2