• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff options if Rhule stays...

Mr. Scot

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

Dorsey. If any outsider and only because of Morgan. Really, I think he will just promote from within and back fill the assistant roles with college dudes he’s familiar with. 

Also if Seattle keeps imploding there could be some Fitt connections there. Especially if they do a positional coach overhaul.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Also if Seattle keeps imploding there could be some Fitt connections there. Especially if they do a positional coach overhaul.

Not expecting that, but if it did happen they've got a really good quarterback coach in Carl Smith, a strong OL coach in Mike Solari, a potential rising star in passing coordinator Dave Canales and two guys with ST experience in Larry Izzo and Chad Morton.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

I am curious to see how this all plays out. Rhule staying but being forced to make staff changes will have a lot of intrigue. 

I am curious to see if he starts turning on people when his job might be under threat. I don't think he has ever held a job long enough to even be on a hot seat.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd prefer Pederson.

Give me a combo of Pederson, Castillo / Cable / Munchak and Rich Bisaccia and I'll be a happy man.

Having a bunch of NFL experience is exactly what this staff needs. I do question if they are going to struggle to get those kind of guys here because of Rhule's lack of NFL experience.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

One other OL name I'd consider less likely but possible, Packers Assistant OL Coach Luke Butkus. He was with Seattle for a bit so Fitterer should know him, though he's generally been an assistant OL coach more often that he's been the main guy.

And yes, he's related to Bears legend Dick Butkus (nephew).

• Pie 1

Do you really think Brady is going to be axed? I don't think he's getting canned unless Rhule goes too. 

Chase Blackburn should have been fired after the Miami game. That's two blocked punts this year that have altered the course of a game. Shouldn't allow a blocked punt all season.