• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff options if Rhule stays...

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Yeah, I'm just trying to keep my anger down until we see these last few games. 

I don't know what Rhule has to do to justify a 3rd year, plenty of reasons to not have one. Tepper can't be happy with any of this. We will see. 

Assuming they get another win or two then he can point to a top 10 (maybe top 5) defense and an improvement in win total.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I am curious to see how this all plays out. Rhule staying but being forced to make staff changes will have a lot of intrigue. 

I am curious to see if he starts turning on people when his job might be under threat. I don't think he has ever held a job long enough to even be on a hot seat.

For what it's worth, most analysts believe Rhule's seat is very hot. About every "coaching hot seat" article you'll find right now lists him prominently.

That's not definitive of course, but it gives you a sense of the atmosphere.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

10 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Assuming they get another win or two then he can point to a top 10 (maybe top 5) defense and an improvement in win total.

That is assuming a lot. I agree with the premise but it discounts that the D is falling apart every week while the O is at least scoring. 

It's all headed in the wrong direction and 'Doubling Down' doesn't sound like the answer. It's not over for sure but it's looking bad, I wouldn't bet on that outcome at this point. 

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I'm not saying BC has been great against the eye test, but for heavens sake.  He owns the fourth best rating on our roster over the season, as a rookie, often playing out of position. 

Can the guy get some snaps without it being forced by another injury?

I swear I cannot understand this staff.  While I generally don't use PFF ratings as a bible, by this point in the season there is enough data to at least see general trends.  What I see here is that Taylor Moton has been pretty good.  Sam Tecklenburg, also pretty good.  Oh wait, we don't play him.

Yep. They have zero excuses not to play BC or a healthy Deonte Brown moving forward. 

Honestly it would be in their best interest to play them both. If they play well or at least average, Rhule and Fitterer can puff their chests a bit about their ability to evaluate lineman. 

However, if they bomb out, add another log to the burning fire. 

Biggest problem will be for Rhule is that when you are in a make it or get fired year (and everyone knows it).....you often don't have the ability to bring in the the best folks.   Best window to bring in great coaches was year 1.  Job secuirty and time were on the table then. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Head coach on a very hot seat. A bad year and you're going to be out of work. That's a hard sell for any assistant with other options.

It really is.  I hope Tepper isn’t as impulsive as the fans.  

I think rhule will ultimately get another year but changes will be made.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Great breakdown. Thanks for this @Mr. Scot

So much info and food for thought. All I know is no more college coaches. Whenever I see a thread like this from Mr. Scot, before opening it I grab a nice glass of scotch or bourbon and start googling. These are the quality threads this place need, it’d take me weeks to find out all this stuff and make a thread if it was even possible.

I doubt he even uses google…prolly writes it up on the toilet 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

It's all about the trainwreck at this point for me. I'm not taking it seriously but I'm not looking away lol

Yup might as well show weekly Confidentials instead of actually showing the games. What's going to be really interesting to see is how many free agents bail instead re-sign here. If that happens and Tepper starts noticing a trend a la Teddy and Perryman I wonder if he'd pull the trigger before next draft

• Beer 1