• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule to Oklahoma???

joemac

7 minutes ago, travisura said:

This is how I figured it would play out. I can't imagine Tepper being desperate enough for a mid season firing until it hits the fan next year, but you never know with an impatient billionaire.

These type college program jobs might not be available next year is the only thing making me think he could possibly leave, but I doubt it. I’m not even completely out on Rhule, but he needs to change his OC pretty quickly…

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

And Venables is?

Name a clear cut better coordinator in college football?   Clemson has more CFP appearances than anyone.  2 nattys.  And Clemson has been a top 25 scoring D his entire career.   And everyone in Clemson knows Venables and the QBs is what it has been about. 

and before Clemson got him....OU already saw first hand the Venables magic. 

So yeah, Venables excites the OU alumni and fanbase much more so than a busting NFL coach that didn't do diddly in college.   

Which is why the famous OU alumni have been the ones driving the bring Venables back bandwagon.  Rhule is a just randoms on twitter.  Venables actually has people openly lobbying for him. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Does Venables even want to be a HC? I think he's the highest paid assistant coach in college football. He makes more than most head coaches.

He does.  He has spoken on it. 

His stock his been hot for a long time.  He has spoken about why he has stayed at Clemson.  One key reason was he didn't want to be a hypocrite to his kids.  He sold them on Clemson and that experience and wasn't going to then bail for a paycheck/job after they bought in.

One finishes his career at Clemson this season and isn't using his COVID year.   The other is halfway through.  So I don't think he is in the same corner he was a couple years ago. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Does Venables even want to be a HC? I think he's the highest paid assistant coach in college football. He makes more than most head coaches.

Honestly I think OU fans want Venables to be a head coach more than Venables himself but yeah why stress when you make lots of money with a less stressful position.