• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB available for next year

BlitzMonster

I don't like Willis but the college list jives otherwise 1-Corral 2-Strong 3-Howell 4-Ridder 5-Willis...but wouldn't necessarily consider all 1st round.  Corral, Strong, yes.  Maybe Howell and Ridder.

The vet/FA list is scary bad/if not even less appealing than the often panned draft class.  There's next to nothing there.

• Pie 1

Just now, cookinbrak said:

Rather than kill the QB o' the Week, why not work on getting an oline first?

Well I'm sure we'd still be able to get an OL or two if we acquire the like of a Nick Foles.  I can't see a single one of the FA QBs getting north of 7 mil/year

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I don't like Willis but the college list jives otherwise 1-Corral 2-Strong 3-Howell 4-Ridder 5-Willis...but wouldn't necessarily consider all 1st round.  Corral, Strong, yes.  Maybe Howell and Ridder.

The vet/FA list is scary bad/if not even less appealing than the often panned draft class.  There's next to nothing there.

What about Kenny Pickett?

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What about Kenny Pickett?

Meh, I'm not saying I'm some guru but I personally don't see it.  He's got the tools and good in the moment skills when forced into pressure but I don't see much more than a Case Keenum type.  Could be wrong but for not having the accuracy of Strong or Howell (who both have great arms), the quickness of a Ridder or Corral, he needs to be perfect and is coming from a quick throw, 1st read offense so there will be a lot of adjustment.  

If we're talking pure QB skills, Strong would be a top 1st rounder most drafts (knee injury is the concern), if we're talking overall potential, then gotta look at Corral.

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Meh, I'm not saying I'm some guru but I personally don't see it.  He's got the tools and good in the moment skills when forced into pressure but I don't see much more than a Case Keenum type.  Could be wrong but for not having the accuracy of Strong or Howell (who both have great arms), the quickness of a Ridder or Corral, he needs to be perfect and is coming from a quick throw, 1st read offense so there will be a lot of adjustment.  

If we're talking pure QB skills, Strong would be a top 1st rounder most drafts (knee injury is the concern), if we're talking overall potential, then gotta look at Corral.

Comedy Paul GIF by CBC

• Beer 1