• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB available for next year

BlitzMonster

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't quote me but Howell isn't a lock to enter the draft. I'm hearing mom is pushing him to go but he wants to play another year at UNC. He doesn't want to end on this note.

I wish Howell was going to stay, but I don’t see a world where that happens. I pay for UNC rivals like a dork and all the beat writers have confirmed Howell is 95% not playing in the crap bowl game UNC will get and 90% out the door to the draft. I also don’t believe Drake Maye is willing to sit another year. I’m sure Sam is feeling nostalgic right now after the pitiful season, but when the time comes he’s going to go pro. 

On top of all that, anything short of winning the Heisman next year will tank his draft stock even worse than this season did. Right now we are talking about him as a top 5 QB still. If UNC flops again next year we will be talking about him as a day 3 draft pick. The smart move is to get 

Just now, HarbingersDad said:

I wish Howell was going to stay, but I don’t see a world where that happens. I pay for UNC rivals like a dork and all the beat writers have confirmed Howell is 95% not playing in the crap bowl game UNC will get and 90% out the door to the draft. I also don’t believe Drake Maye is willing to sit another year. I’m sure Sam is feeling nostalgic right now after the pitiful season, but when the time comes he’s going to go pro. 

On top of all that, anything short of winning the Heisman next year will tank his draft stock even worse than this season did. Right now we are talking about him as a top 5 QB still. If UNC flops again next year we will be talking about him as a day 3 draft pick. The smart move is to get 

Go* not get. Oh well, fat fingers. 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't quote me but Howell isn't a lock to enter the draft. I'm hearing mom is pushing him to go but he wants to play another year at UNC. He doesn't want to end on this note.

He is going to get injured behind that line and running like he is. I hope he enters the draft even if we don’t pick him.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I personally know the family. I asked a couple days ago because I was curious, apparently he took summer classes and extra credits (short classes), got ahead, and will be graduating soon. He’s coming for the draft. Great, supportive family. I am rooting for him big time.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I personally know the family. I asked a couple days ago because I was curious, apparently he took summer classes and extra credits (short classes), got ahead, and will be graduating soon. He’s coming for the draft. Great, supportive family. I am rooting for him big time.

He absolutely needs to go. He's taken enough of a beating without pay. Love that kid.

• Pie 1

Need to resign Cam to a 1 year deal and have him and Darnold battle it out in camp. Give Cam a legitimate shot to prove he can still lead a franchise. The dude has had to learn the playbook on the fly his last 2 seasons in the NFL w/ no offseason with his teammates...QB is the most important position when establishing timing and comfort level within the scheme anyone expecting Cam to play lights out on such short notice is asking quite a lot especially with this offensive line and an injured CMC.

ALL of our resources this offseason need to go into the O-Line. Even if its at the expense of resigning some of our defensive FA's. I'd much rather have O-Line help than Reddick, Gilmore, and Jackson (Would love to resign Reddick if we can manage it though)

Rhule gets a 3rd season to prove this team can be trending in the right direction. Bringing in a new HC and FO with the draft picks we have and the cap situation next year is not a smart move. Give Rhule a 3rd season and if he fails we likely end up with a top 5-10 pick and that's when you make the move to hire a new regime

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 8