• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Parsons, Fields, Slater

slumdogmillionaire

16 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Mac Jones?

Mac Jones would not have made it here. Players are built based off the system they are good for. Mac wouldve been a bust here because our system doesnt fit him. Frankly not too many QBs would make it in our system, let alone our oline. Then add in the play calling. Really on a vet that knows what he is doing can change this. Like Aaron Rodgers. Someone who can see the defense and knows whats going on and can audible and shift protections.

• Pie 1

Mac Jones is having a good year, but he'll never be better than an Andy Dalton type. He doesn't have the arm. Better than what we have? Certainly. But I'm not crying in pain over passing on him.

Slater we definitely got wrong. It was sourced that we passed on him becuase "their organization had Slater graded in the second round and viewed him as a guard or center as a pro."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Mac Jones would not have made it here. Players are built based off the system they are good for. Mac wouldve been a bust here because our system doesnt fit him. Frankly not too many QBs would make it in our system, let alone our oline. Then add in the play calling. Really on a vet that knows what he is doing can change this. Like Aaron Rodgers. Someone who can see the defense and knows whats going on and can audible and shift protections.

Where you land is extremely important to how successful you will be in the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 12/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, MasterAwesome said:

It’s hilarious how badly you guys wanna prop up Fields to validate your pre-draft crush lol. He doesn’t belong anywhere near the same company as Slater and Parsons.

58.1 completion %, 4 TDs, 8 INTs, 136 YPG passing, 25.9 QBR

That’s absolutely abysmal. Yeah he’s a rookie and it’s very possible he could go on to have a good career, but that’s hardly a foregone conclusion. It blows my mind that people are crying about us passing him over after the rookie season he has had. The irony is that his stats are actually pretty darn similar to Darnold’s (worse actually in almost all categories) and yet one is the worst QB of all time and the other is a rookie sensation who we will regret passing over.

Oh and probably the worst stat of Fields? He takes a sack on 13.5% of pass plays….13.5%….that’s insane. And before you preach about their terrible o-line, Andy Dalton has taken a sack on 5.1% of his pass plays for comparison.

Again, Fields may go on to have a great career. I’m not calling him a bust by any means, I’m saying he’s had a pretty bad rookie season so the hype surrounding him right now is just weird and unfounded. Maybe if you’re comparing him against Zach Wilson (another Huddle pre-draft crush) then I guess he’s having an okay season?

Dalton also is a check down king, which is why he lost his position in the first place. they know fields is a better player. their o line is possibly worse than carolina's. and they have no defense or pass rush and a coach who is not very good. why do people fail to use context when talking about justin fields?
i don't why fields upsets people, but its weird. and yes, in the end 2 seasons from now fields will  be the last one standing.

8 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Mac Jones is having a good year, but he'll never be better than an Andy Dalton type. He doesn't have the arm. Better than what we have? Certainly. But I'm not crying in pain over passing on him.

Slater we definitely got wrong. It was sourced that we passed on him becuase "their organization had Slater graded in the second round and viewed him as a guard or center as a pro."

mac jones only looks good. he is not, he is very much game manager. any qb would look good on the patriots, its very hard not to, mix that with the fact that they have a cupcake division, of course mac jones is going to the playoffs.

9 hours ago, amcoolio said:

If this is true, fire anybody that agreed with that latter assessment.

Slater was being called OL1 by a lot of OL experts, Duke Mayweather being one of them. The dude was a clear stud with great film against NFL prospects like Chase Young.

Btw, Mayweather has mentioned that Tyler Linderbaum is OL1 this season. 👀

10 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

mac jones only looks good. he is not, he is very much game manager. any qb would look good on the patriots, its very hard not to, mix that with the fact that they have a cupcake division, of course mac jones is going to the playoffs.

Ya know. I’m old enough to remember people saying the same thing about Tom Brady and Kurt Warner. 

Time will tell.

I wasn’t high on Mac, but the man is playing in the system by the team that drafted him and doing it very well while winning. That’s pretty much the name of the game. If he is that good in any system then you draft him and implement the system around him. Kyle Shanahan was very high on him and was torn about taking him at 3 and Kyle is one of the better offensive minded coaches in the league. If we drafted Mac would he have been that great this year? Doubt it, but we would overhaul the line and pickup a coach that implements that system as either a OC or Rhule replacement. 

On 12/3/2021 at 6:44 AM, Panthercougar68 said:

We couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down in 2020 and when Horn was playing we got off the field on 3rd down

I completely agree with this and still love the Horn pick.

Unfortunately we've traded getting off the field on 3rds to staying on the field for the stretch because our defense can't adjust to the run at the second level. 

We need an OL and to find a game manager at MLB. Maybe one of our young guys can progress into that role?