• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer article by Ellis Williams. How the Panthers got here

raleigh-panther

14 minutes ago, tarheelpride said:

Trading that 2nd for Darnold is looking real bad. That basically assured we had to pick up his 5th year to justify the trade. And then he shows us he was the real Darnold and can’t be saved. So the Jets stole a pick from us. I agree with the sentiment that it’s trade down or bust for us to recoup some of that compensation. We need a 2 at the very least. 

in hindsight, I wish we took that Chicago trade in the past draft. Trading down that far would have hurt, but we still could have gotten an OL at that spot and had 2 1’s to play around with this year. 

I do think the Darnold trade looks bad right now.  Still, I have to keep reminding myself that we're now on our third QB in Joe Brady's system and NONE of them have looked consistently good.  In fact, they all have the EXACT SAME PROFILE.

Look good for a week or four, then look like crap thereafter.  Teddy looked good . . . then bad.  Sam looked good . . . then bad.  Cam looked great . . . then bad.  Maybe we need to fix the system.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Nothing against the author or the article contents, but everything he wrote and got paid for writing has been addressed ad nauseam on this very board by the Panther faithful for a couple months now.

So, the article is really just a greatest hits compilation of literally thousands of posts here. Who is the article reaching out to?

I someone hoping the owner sees this and reacts one way or another?

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

getting screwed on draft picks is going to be hard to overcome.

I think Fit can really work around that with trades. The biggest loss will be a second rounder and that's it. I personally didn't like the win now approach this year but we lost very little in those trades. 

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Nothing against the author or the article contents, but everything he wrote and got paid for writing has been addressed ad nauseam on this very board by the Panther faithful for a couple months now.

So, the article is really just a greatest hits compilation of literally thousands of posts here. Who is the article reaching out to?

It's been known for years that the observer visits this site just to rehash what we say. We are free content. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think Fit can really work around that with trades.

There are no guarantees with that though. So far the trades have hurt more than they have helped by far. We fooled ourselves into believing a more active gm is a better gm bc of Hurney but we are finding out the hard way ineptitude comes in many forms.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think Fit can really work around that with trades. The biggest loss will be a second rounder and that's it. I personally didn't like the win now approach this year but we lost very little in those trades. 

I hope you're right. Pick trading still makes me nervous because of Hurney. I don't want to create a deficit in '23 because we screwed '22 up.

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Frankly, it’s not a bad thing that the Charlotte paper shouts ‘the Emperor has no clothes’  as you know, the Observer typically doesn’t    It reaches the community at large, people who neither now or care about this board   

i do think, however, the only thing that is going to extricate Rhule from his contract is if Oklahoma comes a callin. 

the rumor came up again today on the Sirius xm nfl radio. 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

I hope you're right. Pick trading still makes me nervous because of Hurney. I don't want to create a deficit in '23 because we screwed '22 up.

Well that's kinda what I was pointing out. While they were playing to win now they really didn't spend much in the process. Hurney on the other hand had no problem trading a kings ransom for someone he liked. All this still doesn't matter if the coaching stays at this same level.