• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaMelo, Terry, McDaniels, and Plumlee all placed in COVID health and safety protocol

Proudiddy

On 12/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Wait ... is rippadon accusing the NBA of trying to screw the CHARLOTTE hornets? The NBA barely even knows they exist. Why would they go out of their way to try and give them losses?

To keep them out of their precious playoffs.  You think they want CLT in?

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

To keep them out of their precious playoffs.  You think they want CLT in?

Yeah, I think the NBA won't have a problem with the Hornets being in the playoffs. People that have league pass actually like watching the Hornets play. Attendance is up and the merch sells. That means the team is making more money, which means the league makes more money. With the team being more profitable and enjoyable to watch with two young stars, LaMelo and Miles, the NBA will love to have Hornets in the playoffs while it lasts.

On 12/4/2021 at 5:34 PM, OldNorthPowell said:

So Lamelo can go somewhere else when it is time to make a decision. Make it hard to win somewhere for one of the future faces of the league. Money money money. NBA hates Charlotte.

Yeah, the NBA hates Charlotte so much they gave the city a franchise twice and haven't demanded it be moved or contracted either time. The Hornets are making the league money and have two young stars in Miles and LaMelo. Both have said they want to stay in the city along with Oubre and Rozier. Hayward has said he likes it in Charlotte as well. There is no conspiracy against Charlotte.

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, the NBA hates Charlotte so much they gave the city a franchise twice and haven't demanded it be moved or contracted either time. The Hornets are making the league money and have two young stars in Miles and LaMelo. Both have said they want to stay in the city along with Oubre and Rozier. Hayward has said he likes it in Charlotte as well. There is no conspiracy against Charlotte.

They gave us a franchise, after letting the old one walk without stopping it, which they could have done or at least attempted to. The NBA despises this area and only reluctantly put a team here after NBA legends and figureheads complained nationally about it for a few years. How can the mecca of college basketball be without a pro team they shouted. You have your opinion and many have mine. It is why many people in the area tune the team out even in the good years, since their return to Charlotte (whatever few good years they have had). They know the NBA will only let them be a certain amount successful. Tonight's game against Philly is a prime example. A team comes into our home and shoots 10 more free throws than we do. Care to guess how often that happens at our home? I wonder if it happens as frequently to Philly? What about the Lakers? Miami? Preferential treatment is a common thing in the NBA. I have said what I am going to say on the topic though.

Edited by OldNorthPowell

14 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

They gave us a franchise, after letting the old one walk without stopping it, which they could have done or at least attempted to. The NBA despises this area and only reluctantly put a team here after NBA legends and figureheads complained nationally about it for a few years. How can the mecca of college basketball be without a pro team they shouted. You have your opinion and many have mine. It is why many people in the area tune the team out even in the good years, since their return to Charlotte (whatever few good years they have had). They know the NBA will only let them be a certain amount successful. Tonight's game against Philly is a prime example. A team comes into our home and shoots 10 more free throws than we do. Care to guess how often that happens at our home? I wonder if it happens as frequently to Philly? What about the Lakers? Miami? Preferential treatment is a common thing in the NBA. I have said what I am going to say on the topic though.

I’m still not past stern hosing us out of AD

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:42 PM, MechaZain said:

LaMelo is cruising his way to a supermax deal from Charlotte if he stays he's not going anywhere unless things sour drastically. Teams given him the keys and he's made it clear he's not looking to skip the town. 

In the last 8-years how many guys have signed the super-max deal with the team who originally drafted them?

And how many have forced their way out?

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In the last 8-years how many guys have signed the super-max deal with the team who originally drafted them?

And how many have forced their way out?

You need 8 years on the original team and certain accolades to be eligible. The supermax has only been around for five, so it's kind of hard to speculate what if. AD is the only eligible player who's turned it down, Gobert took less to help the team cap. 

LaMelo's not ring or city chasing like the old gaurd and I believe him. He's unphased by the fame and bright lights. That stuff follows him; dude was a social media star playing in Austrailia and Lithuania.  Charlotte can offer the most money. They'd have to horribly mismanage him for him to leave.

• 2 years later...

Oh no! Hearing about LaMelo Ball, Jalen McDaniels, Mason Plumlee, and Terry Rozier being in Health and Safety Protocols is a tough pill to swallow. Fingers crossed, it's just precautionary, and they'll be back ballin' soon. Meanwhile, it's a chance for the bench to step up.

• Poo 1

Just now, YazminCarson said:

Oh no! Hearing about LaMelo Ball, Jalen McDaniels, Mason Plumlee, and Terry Rozier being in Health and Safety Protocols is a tough pill to swallow. Fingers crossed, it's just precautionary, and they'll be back ballin' soon. Meanwhile, it's a chance for the bench to step up.

Speaking of health problems, where can I find more info about mental health problems? I want to check some symptoms I have, and my friend advised me to look at restore-mentalhealth.com. Sending positive vibes for a speedy return!

• Poo 1