• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

12/4 Game Thread: Canes v. Sabres Puck Drop 7:30PM

Anybodyhome

The lines are a mess and everything is a game time decision after RBA decided no morning skate:

Forwards
Niederreiter - Aho - Teravainen
Jarvis - Trocheck - Necas
Fast - Staal - Lorentz
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

Defensemen
Slavin - Cole
Skjei - Chatfield
Smith - Lajoie

Goalies
Andersen
Raanta

Game-Time Decision:
Bear

To Be Determined:
Martinook

COVID-19 Protocol:
DeAngelo
Pesce

Note: Lineup subject to change prior to opening faceoff

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

Thanks to all y’all keeping up threads too. I completely forgot we were playing tonight, had my dates all mixed up. 

I love Rod I think he’s a great coach. But dude. Go back to the lineups that won us 9 games in a row, except maybe keeping KK centering a line. He’s a whole lot better in the middle. It feels like Rod is just slinging poo at the wall at this point, but the wall just keep slinging it back. 

The other Caveat is I like putting Svech on the KK line but we’ll see if it can produce. With Stepan your gonna have 2-3 players on that line that are great at close play. Perhaps that’s what we need right now. 

I don't get what’s going on with Bear either. I know he’s caught some flak and has made some mistakes but nothing that has cost us a game. His play for the most part has been solid. I feel like Rod wants to keep the two rooks together but Bear is waaaaaaay better than Chatfield on average at this point.

I’m not saying Chatfield has been bad either. He’s been decent, definitely gets confused and out of position especially in the neutral zone. Again not knocking him, obviously he’s only had 2-3 practices and 2 games up in the big leagues. Bear just is way more comfortable. 

Edited by Harbingers

43 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I don't get what’s going on with Bear either. I know he’s caught some flak and has made some mistakes but nothing that has cost us a game. His play for the most part has been solid. I feel like Rod wants to keep the two rooks together but Bear is waaaaaaay better than Chatfield on average at this point.

I’m not saying Chatfield has been bad either. He’s been decent, definitely gets confused and out of position especially in the neutral zone. Again not knocking him, obviously he’s only had 2-3 practices and 2 games up in the big leagues. Bear just is way more comfortable. 

I understand he needs to get his legs back after being on the COVID list, but the Canes are headed toward a tough road trip and they need everyone healthy and ready to go.

@ Winnipeg 12/7

@ Calgary 12/9

@ Edmonton 12/11

@ Vancouver 12/12

@ Minnesota 12/14

They'll be extremely lucky to get 6 points, and 5 might be considered a success.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Bear is playing but appears to be the 7th D.

Perfect opportunity to get KK some action with one of the higher lines, come on Rod. What has Trocheck done these past few games?

That’s weird considering Smith can play forward in a pinch. I figured we’d move smith to 4th line and have Bear with Slavin.