• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' passer rating when targeted leaders (Offense)

Icege

6 hours ago, mav1234 said:

What a disaster. Terrace not even on the list, Robby with 38, DJ at 76... 

Remember when we thought this might be the best group of wide receivers we'd ever fielded? 

Not their fault they’ve gotten the worst QB play in the league and awful play calling. Yes, Robby has been bad, but Terrace has barley played and I guarantee is you give DJ 2015 Cam or even a Eli Manning, he would be a perennial pro bowler and top 8 receiver. The DJ slander on here is getting ridiculous. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Not their fault they’ve gotten the worst QB play in the league and awful play calling. Yes, Robby has been bad, but Terrace has barley played and I guarantee is you give DJ 2015 Cam or even a Eli Manning, he would be a perennial pro bowler and top 8 receiver. The DJ slander on here is getting ridiculous. 

OK DJ's mom...

32 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I don't blame the players, I blame the coaches.

• Pie 3

The number of targets would be a helpful context here. Zylstra has 14 on the season Tremble has 22. CMC is obviously a very good receiving target and we know about Robby's struggles. DJ has 112 targets on the season and considering his own drops and what he has had to deal with at qb and at oline this isn't surprising. I would be curious to see last years numbers without Darnold.

You have to clean out the WRs. The RA problem isn’t one we’re getting rid of this year or next. Just gotta hope he bounces back. 

At this point you can’t resign DJ. He’s supposed to be a #1 and the dude has drop problems and has always had fumble problems. Had high hopes but at this point I think you have to get Marshall up to speed. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

DJ literally had two balls hit him right in the chest from Cam against the Dolphins. Maybe back to back plays…he dropped them both. He’s always had hands problems. I love the guy and really thought he was gonna be a top 10 type WR this year. But his hands are mediocre. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

You have to clean out the WRs. The RA problem isn’t one we’re getting rid of this year or next. Just gotta hope he bounces back. 

At this point you can’t resign DJ. He’s supposed to be a #1 and the dude has drop problems and has always had fumble problems. Had high hopes but at this point I think you have to get Marshall up to speed. 

Giving up on DJ but TMJ is the answer? 🤔

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

And he’s been called out by the announcers for not running good routes (or really trying) when his routes where clear outs meant to get other guys open. It started with Robby’s huge hit and I swear the announcers have called him out every game since then with a replay showing his lack of effort.

Let’s just say that he’s not the next Smith in terms of effort and hands this year.

Panther fans have a real bad habit of overrating our best players.

At times, his play looks like someone trying to not get hurt. I'm sure his upcoming free agency is a factor.

20 hours ago, frankw said:

Giving up on DJ but TMJ is the answer? 🤔

Do you think DJ is worth a max contract? Because after next year if he is worth re-signing that is what he will want. Has he done enough to make us comfortable with that? Not me. 

Even if he comes out next year and has 1200 yards and 10-15 TDs with a new QB situation. Idk if he’s a legit long term guy. 

On 12/5/2021 at 12:07 AM, BlackPanther21_ said:

IF you want him to be a top 8 WR in this league he has to start catching the ball. Elite WRs fight for contested catches and come down with the ball, they also dont drop TD passes in the corner of the endzone. 

DJ right now is not a top 8 guy, he needs to get his head back in the game. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Do you think DJ is worth a max contract? Because after next year if he is worth re-signing that is what he will want. Has he done enough to make us comfortable with that? Not me. 

Even if he comes out next year and has 1200 yards and 10-15 TDs with a new QB situation. Idk if he’s a legit long term guy. 

Why are you saying max like this is the NBA? He's going to get paid big if we sign him but the way you word it makes it sound all ominous. I will acknowledge he needs to step up and make more big catches. But the question is how much of this Joe Brady led offense has affected DJ and those around him? Moore looked pretty damn good last year with Teddy throwing to him and that was being limited by the lack of a real deep ball from his QB. The same could be said for even Robby Anderson. We need to see both of them with a real NFL caliber OC and a stable quarterback situation and then we can go from there. Your last statement doesn't make any sense and would lead one to assume you harbor bias fyi.