• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College quarterbacks today

Stuart Smith

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd take......

1. Kenny Pickett

2. Carson Strong

3. Matt Corrall

4. Sam Howell

5. Malik Willis

6. Resmond Ridder

I haven't seen the WKU kid, so maybe he factors in.

Pickett is a bottom half of the first, top of the 2nd guy, IMO. 

What a year we picked to not have QB figured out AND not have any Day 2 picks.

Edit: Most of my list is actually interchangeable based on what a team wants. Any of those guys could be shuffled around, IMO. Not a big gap between them.

I have a feeling saints and Steelers are going to reach for a qb this year. So if we want one of those qbs we’re probably gonna have to pull the trigger at our pick. Ideally we trade down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd and draft Malik or Pickett. But if I had to guess this staff is going to go after Pickett. Rhule is familiar with him and they really need a rookie qb to give them more time to Tepper.

this isn’t smart. I think both those two qbs can be good in the right situations but they can’t be rushed onto the field which is what will probably happen here behind a suspect line. We really botched this.

Also side note: last time Pitt won 11 games was with Dan Marino. 

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We ride with Cam and Darnold next year and look to the 2023 draft for our next franchise QB.  This draft sucks for QBs. 

Agree with this. Come draft time I’m sure I’ll talk myself in to a QB. But the smart thing is to pick a stud LT and build the line.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Agree with this. Come draft time I’m sure I’ll talk myself in to a QB. But the smart thing is to pick a stud LT and build the line.

Putting a rookie QB behind this line next year would be the very definition of insanity.  Somehow we need to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back (preferably both) and spend those two picks on OL, period.  Stop being cute (Marshall pick this year) and build the freaking OL.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Putting a rookie QB behind this line next year would be the very definition of insanity.  Somehow we need to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back (preferably both) and spend those two picks on OL, period.  Stop being cute (Marshall pick this year) and build the freaking OL.

This post should be pinned to the top of the forum

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only when someone else's quarterback does it.

When your quarterback does it then it's smart, funny and badass 

not a chance. it’s taking advantage of a rule put in place purely to protect the QB. defenders are being trained specifically to perform around that rule. to fake it is mocking the rule and should be seen on the same level as flopping. it’s 100% a bitch move and should get an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Edited by Mother Grabber