• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

So i really don't think this is that big of a deal. I'm not sure it changes much of anything for the team that wasn't going to be changed anyway.

I think, barring something unforeseen, Ruhle is going to be back and this doesn't really change that. next year will be a make or break. 

I think this does mean that he and brady have very differing views of how the rest of the season should play out. There's been sniping in the media previously that indicated they haven't been on the same page for much of the season. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that ruhle probably just wants to run out the year and didn't think Brady would do that. 

The burning question right now: What happens if we lose out, especially if we do so in embarrassing fashion?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is a valid concern.

It's also true that if you hire somebody who's not qualified for the job, holding on to them just for the sake of not changing too much too soon is a mistake.

Sure but look at the roster turnover we have had in the past season and a half.  It's almost a totally different roster and much much younger.  I think it could be hard to tell anything for sure in that amount of time.

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Sure but look at the roster turnover we have had in the past season and a half.  It's almost a totally different roster and much much younger.  I think it could be hard to tell anything for sure in that amount of time.

The guy who had final say on that roster turnover was Matt Rhule.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The burning question right now: What happens if we lose out, especially if we do so in embarrassing fashion?

We will get a win versus the Saints and/or Falcons.  Will it be enough to save Rhule's job?  It depends on how bad the losses are I would imagine.  If we eek out a win over the Falcons and get taken to the woodshed by the Bills and Bucs, that lone win won't matter.

I'm not a tank-type of guy, but I will say if we lose out (or nearly) I won't be too mad if it means better draft position AND, most importantly, Rhule gets canned.  Of the short list (I think there was 6) of HCs to replace Rivera, Rhule was literally dead last on my list.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Losing out is very possible. I can easy see us losing the five remaining games to Atlanta - Buffalo -Tampa Bay-New Orleans-Tampa Bay.