• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fire Joe Brady

GOAT

I've been thinking a lot about this, and questioning the timing.  It just feels convenient. That being said the offensive issues have been pretty prevalent.

From a lack of a consistently threatening running game without CMC, I mean, he's missed most of all the past two season.  Like c'mon man!  Hubbard has some good tools, why isn't the offense being set up to allow him to be successful.

The fact that Brady hasn't been able to adjust his game plan at all.  Third Quarters have been horrific.  We've gone through SEVERAL QBs over the past two season.  What is the deal?  Brady is responsible for a lot of the problems. 

He might have a LOT of good ideas, but he's just not ready to run the show right now.  But this is something that should have happened a LONG time ago Honestly.  Nothing has changed over the 12 games we have played so far.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

19 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

BTW....

Conspicuous by his absence is one @CRAwho was one of the very few remaining who still defended Joe Brady. 

I wonder if he's busy on the phone consoling Joe....

I'm not absent.  Panthers just didn't play this week. 

I'm fine firing Joe Brady.  But I maintain my position, firing him means absolutely nothing.  Matt Rhule is still the HC and Matt Rhule is easily the biggest problem in Carolina.  Not Joe Brady.   Joe Brady was what he was....an inexperienced pass centric OC.  And we gave him horrific OLs and bad QBs.  No one should be shocked he didn't wow.   If you want a cloud of dust offense hire an OC that does that and then give him the talent to execute it. 

and now we get a Rhule guy to be OC.  He isn't an OC.  And he will be the polar opposite of Joe Brady.....and the results will be predictably bad too.   

and it highlights what a sinking ship we are running.  We just brought Cam Newton in.  He was already comically behind the 8 ball.  This continues to not allow him to ever get up to speed to finish out the year.   

1 hour ago, CRA said:

We just brought Cam Newton in.   He was already comically behind the 8 ball. 

Wonder if Cam regrets coming back?

Hell at this point Silver Platter Sam, while healthy, would probably prefer to sit out the rest of the season!

Edited by SizzleBuzz

25 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Wonder if Cam regrets coming back?

Hell at this point Silver Platter Sam, while healthy, would probably prefer to sit out the rest of the season!

yeah, Cam comes back and goes on a crash course to try to learn a playbook and Brady's offense.  3 weeks later Brady is out the door.  Cam now in no man's land playbook wise.  Which you have to think is going to keep Cam not looking real great from a production standpoint in his "comeback".  Which will give the haters the ammo they need. 

and Rhule couldn't even fire Brady last week so that they could maximinze the bye week with a new guy.  No, that would have made too much sense. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Around $6 million reasons he doesn’t regret it

Cam got money coming out his ears.  Cam came here to prove something to the world and himself.  That he ain't done.   The instablity here is going to make it hard for him ever to get up and running to prove that. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Cam got money coming out his ears.  Cam game hear to prove something to the world and himself.  That he ain't done.   The instablity here is going to make it hard for him ever to get up and running to prove that. 

There is merit in this, and Cam has to be better than anything we had, I still don’t think he is physically capable