• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This confirms Rhule's seat is hot

Zod

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I guess he's the fall guy. Either way, i'll count this as a W for the team on the bye week. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Especially with the Saints, falcons, vikings and 49ers all losing this past week....add that to brady being fired.  Well poo feels like a panthers win this weekend 👍

We are 5-7 with 5 games left. We can finish anywhere from 5-12 to 10-7. I think that has a lot to do with whether he’s here next year or not. Remember we were 5-11 last year.

5-12 or 6-11 likely gone

7-10 50/50 chance

8-9, 9-8-10–7 probably staying playoffs or not. Wining 3 or more out of last 5 will show improvement.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Let’s be honest as the QB coach this year, what has Ryan done to show he should be the interim OC? I don’t think either guy will somehow become our OC next year so Nixon is just a plug in that has actually called some plays before but Ryan hasn’t really shown anything good this year.

True, but it atleast would have shown that Rhule was willing to go outside of his small circle of friends, Im convinced now that if they keep him, its gonna be some other Baylor or Temple guy comin in.

13 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, hopefully he does better than Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and the guy that the Jets took.  

Y'all gotta start giving these dudes more than half a season to settle into the NFL.  Especially on terrible teams....which is why they are top picks to begin with.

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Really? I’m amazed that people can’t see that no one from outside the org would be willing to jump into an interim position with a tough schedule and no long term assurances. It had to be an in house interim promotion. Heck, Rhule himself may be inserting himself now. It was Ryan and Nixon no matter what and Nixon has at least done something and worked with Rhule. I don’t see any experience for Ryan that would suggest he should be promoted and TBH would he want the last 5 games without CMC and with DJ not exactly trying his hardest to be his OC audition?

I think people who should be happy The Brady experiment is done are searching for a reason to complain because Rhule is still around. Rhule’s choice for interim OC says absolutely nothing about next year and beyond because no qualified candidate would jump in now and there’s no way we’d sign up for a multi-year contract without any discussion at all.

but thats not what I said, promoting Sean Ryan for the stretch run would have shown some willingness to leave his safety zone.  Im tellin ya now, guaranteed stone cold lock of the century, IF Matt Rhule is our HC next year, Nixon guaranteed will be the OC.  This isnt about the last 5 games, I dont really care about that, its about him setting the stage for next year without leaving his comfort zone and thats what makes me mad.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Hey at least Ron had division titles. This guy cant get to .500

Dan Campbell has actually kept them competitive for most of their games, they’ve had horrible calls go against them and he has far less talent than us.