• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

1. Even Darnold looked good against the Jets.

2. Minshew's problem has always been consistency. He'll look great a couple of games, then look terrible. You want to see it for more than one week. If anything, his performance today might cause Hurts's ankle to need a little more time to heal.

He's played for the JAGS!  Is that the organization you want to judge for consistency?  Really?

The stat you need to understand is that for the two years Minshew was in Jacksonville they only won 7 games.  However, despite benching him repeatedly they won ZERO games with him on the bench.

Here's a little deeper dive into his stats:

image.thumb.png.f3d6fc9be94948a23f850fd1aec1a23a.png

There are three stats there which I find interesting.

One, his completion percentage.  It increased dramatically in year two.  That's a great sign for a young QB growing into the NFL.

Two, his TD%.  At 4.6 for his career, it looks very much like another QB who is good but not great, Ryan Tannehill.    Good but not great?  I can stand a bit of that.

Three, his INT%.  At 1.4 for his career, it's amazing.  Rodgers is one of the best you'll ever see at not turning it over, and his career average is 1.3%.  Tom Brady is at 1.8%.

Completes the ball, throws TD's, doesn't throw picks?  Yes please.

Big fan of his.  I wanted him way, way more than Darnold.  For reference, take a look at the guy we traded for on those same stats.

image.thumb.png.e5866abb6a805cc4ead5eece15c7fe61.png

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Minshew his rookie year, 16tds-5int the following year, def has shown more than most your JAG qbs 

Definitely  a jag Qb.. I'm glad he had a okay rookie year.. Still he is a backup with little to no physical talent to speak of.. If you want a poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick have at it..

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Definitely  a jag Qb.. I'm glad he had a okay rookie year.. Still he is a backup with little to no physical talent to speak of.. If you want a poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick have at it..

Idk how that qualifies as ok when most your top picks are generally throwing more ints than tds out the gate. I’d like to see Minshew get the chances guys like Sam and Teddy got before I’d label him a career backup 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Minshew his rookie year, 16tds-5int the following year, def has shown more than most your JAG qbs 

Your posting stats without context, he put up a bunch of garbage time numbers while getting beat by double digits. Both Luton and Glennon came in and also had good games statistically.

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Idk how that qualifies as ok when most your top picks are generally throwing more ints than tds out the gate. I’d like to see Minshew get the chances guys like Sam and Teddy got before I’d label him a career backup 

That's your opinion.. I think he got 2 years to prove he was the QB and played them into Lawrence .. Again he was undrafted for a reason.. I don't understand why you can't see the limitations in having a QB with below avg. Arm talent and way below avg. Physical attributes... This is way he wasn't as wanted by most teams and why he isn't worth what other QB are.