• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

I was about to make a thread about it. Could have had him for a fuging 5th round pick. lol

Also, iirc, there were several huddlers that wanted him instead of Sam. Honestly it would have made more sense given that you could literally given up nothing for him. 

Could have had him AND Jaycee. OH well, ce la vie. 

Edited by Ivan The Awesome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, trueblade said:

1. Even Darnold looked good against the Jets.

2. Minshew's problem has always been consistency. He'll look great a couple of games, then look terrible. You want to see it for more than one week. If anything, his performance today might cause Hurts's ankle to need a little more time to heal.

Um, how can you be consistent when you are surrounded by absolute poo? Minshew performed and lost several games but it was not because of him. He won shootouts and several games from behind. Unfortunately he was in a poo team. At least he was a proven QB with a poo roster. Also durable. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Um, how can you be consistent when you are surrounded by absolute poo? Minshew performed and lost several games but it was not because of him. He won shootouts and several games from behind. Unfortunately he was in a poo team. At least he was a proven QB with a poo roster. Also durable. 

Bs he had weapons in Jacksonville and 2 season to show consistency.. Played them into to 2 top 5 draft picks 1 being his replacement..

STop lusting over mediocre QBS..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I said all along we would've been better off trading for Minshew than trading for Darnold and trading for Darnold still shouldn't have eliminated going after Minshew too. If we were going after an afterthought vet, my choice was 1. trade for Minshew 2. sign Trubisky. Trading legit assets for Darnold should've never been on the table.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

I don't think anyone wanted him here to be the savior of the franchise. When you consider what we have invested in all of our QB's he is as good as any of them and would have cost far less. You use someone like that to tread water until you draft or trade for you guy. Unfortunately we've drowned. 

• Pie 3