• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody talking about Minshew?

BurnNChinn

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

The only thing that would be different if we went Minshew is the assets we would still have and Hopefully the expectation of this team lowered and more reasonable.. Knowing we were going QB.. Maybe even Drafting Feilds in the draft.. Which would have been the best decision..

The wasted draft capital is just another exapmle of why not to trust anyone in that room at the time.

I got to be honest, I have such a low opinion of this crew now that Fields could have been a wasted pick for us. These guys could have ruined him in a year here. Not because it would have been a bad pick, just because the coaching, especially on the offense, has been soooooo bad this year.

image.png.85d3206e8f20fe3b66aaccd675c2f890.png

image.png.1d0b609bbf8a2183f2f1bc7a39474ecf.png

image.png.91c82eff1b1e2fa9433821e32cf744dd.png

Anybody can come off the bench and look stellar against a team that hasn't been preparing for them, or doesn't have a lot of film on them. Doesn't mean he's the answer.

No one but no one would look good on this offense behind this line. QB hasn't been the problem, and frankly we don't have the ability to evaluate QBs given the current situation.

Just now, Captroop said:

image.png.85d3206e8f20fe3b66aaccd675c2f890.png

image.png.1d0b609bbf8a2183f2f1bc7a39474ecf.png

image.png.91c82eff1b1e2fa9433821e32cf744dd.png

Anybody can come off the bench and look stellar against a team that hasn't been preparing for them, or doesn't have a lot of film on them. Doesn't mean he's the answer.

No one but no one would look good on this offense behind this line. QB hasn't been the problem, and frankly we don't have the ability to evaluate QBs given the current situation.

Most here knew Allen was fools gold. 

Are we still pooing all over Darnold after seeing what Cam was able to do behind that offensive line in Miami?  Darnold is by no means the answer, but how can anyone effectively judge anything behind the atrocity that is Dennis Daley, John Miller, Matt Paradis, and Pat Efelein. 

we like to think we surrounded Darnold with better weapons than he had In NY, but what good are those weapons if he’s getting hit before he hits his back foot. 

Also, I was 100% on board with Minshew, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking he wouldn’t be getting killed behind this oline and with Joe Brady’s ineptness at running an offense. 

Just now, Waldo said:

The wasted draft capital is just another exapmle of why not to trust anyone in that room at the time.

I got to be honest, I have such a low opinion of this crew now that Fields could have been a wasted pick for us. These guys could have ruined him in a year here. Not because it would have been a bad pick, just because the coaching, especially on the offense, has been soooooo bad this year.

I agree but Maybe Fields is young enough to outlast the coaching and Hopefully you use Minshew the 1st year until you can get rid of the coaching staff.. That would have been the benefit.. 

Plus maybe no fake enthusiasm in the Darnold experiment so they don't go thru the win now poo and give up more assets..

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Say what you want about Heinicke but he has his team winning games. Same with Minshew. The last time we won convincingly our opponent was without their star quarterback and receiver 🤷‍♂️

I mean there's a reason I compared the two beyond them being white.  They're similar in a lot of ways.  If people are pissed we didn't trade for Minshew then I'm just saying I expect that same energy for Heinicke.  We should be arguably more upset since we already had him on our team and wouldn't even have had to provide any trade compensation.  I get the "it would have been better than trading a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for Darnold" argument but it's not an either/or.  I can judge each move on its own merits - the Darnold trade was a bad move in its own right, and trading for Minshew I think would be largely inconsequential and would still have us looking for a franchise QB.

Also, I recall a similar "Say what you want about X QB but he has his team winning games" argument for Teddy Bridgewater on the heels of going 5-0 with the Saints filling in for Brees.

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

Are we still pooing all over Darnold after seeing what Cam was able to do behind that offensive line in Miami?  Darnold is by no means the answer, but how can anyone effectively judge anything behind the atrocity that is Dennis Daley, John Miller, Matt Paradis, and Pat Efelein. 

we like to think we surrounded Darnold with better weapons than he had In NY, but what good are those weapons if he’s getting hit before he hits his back foot. 

Also, I was 100% on board with Minshew, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking he wouldn’t be getting killed behind this oline and with Joe Brady’s ineptness at running an offense. 

I can.. The Oline was bad but dude can't read defenses... It was clear as day.. Plus he was dam near throwing kill shot balls every game..Darnold is bad very bad and made the whole offense look worse..

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean there's a reason I compared the two beyond them being white.  They're similar in a lot of ways.  If people are pissed we didn't trade for Minshew then I'm just saying I expect that same energy for Heinicke.  We should be arguably more upset since we already had him on our team and wouldn't even have had to provide any trade compensation.  I get the "it would have been better than trading a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for Darnold" argument but it's not an either/or.  I can judge each move on its own merits - the Darnold trade was a bad move in its own right, and trading for Minshew I think would be largely inconsequential and would still have us looking for a franchise QB.

Also, I recall a similar "Say what you want about X QB but he has his team winning games" argument for Teddy Bridgewater on the heels of going 5-0 with the Saints filling in for Brees.

Teddy had a pretty good offense around him that season with the Saints. I will concede he is a decent starter but he wasn't the answer for us. I do agree that out of the two Heinicke has built more consistency than Minshew.  And as you said we already had Taylor on our roster. Barring a total collapse which is of course possible in this league for the moment he does look like he has a bright future as a franchise quarterback. And with our former coordinator Scott Turner running the offense. None of that bodes well for our braintrust looking at the mess they have created in such short time.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

Are we still pooing all over Darnold after seeing what Cam was able to do behind that offensive line in Miami?

Darnold had all off-season to learn the offense and develop timing with the wide receivers. Cam signed 17 days before the Miami game. Not really comparable situations.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Darnold had all off-season to learn the offense and develop timing with the wide receivers. Cam signed 17 days before the Miami game. Not really comparable situations.

Sam has never built consistency as a starter in this league unless you count just being terrible. Whatever happens with Cam has very little to do with Sam's future. Few people expected Cam to step back in and become an elite quarterback. He's 32 years old and on borrowed time same as Darnold or Walker. These "durrr you didn't give Darnold the benefit of the doubt!" arguments are stupid and easy to see through.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Here are some context stats for you. Gardner Minshew in wins: 18 Touchdown Passes to just 1 Interception. 

In games decided by 0-7 points: 13 Touchdowns and 3 INTS.

In games decided by 8-14 points: 13 Touchdowns and 2 INTS.

In games decided by 15+ points: 13 Touchdowns and 6 INTS.

Because he is on the Jags though and they suck and lose to everyone it just appeared he was Blake Bortles and racking up stats in garbage time but he was pretty consistent across the board in terms of score. 

Darnold, for instance was much better in the first half of games than the second half but he played in many blowouts. 

Yesterdays game: Minshew throws a touchdown pass when his team is down 6-0. Minshew throws a second touchdown pass when his team is down 12-7. Both TDs gave his team the lead. 

Gardner Minshew in the first half was 14/15 for 190 Yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. This wasn't garbage time. 

So he put up a bunch of garbage time and they back door covered some games. Like I said above Luton who is a third string nfl QB came in for Minshew on that same Jags team had 300 yards passing and 2 total TD. Then Glennon on that same Jags team came in 3 weeks later and there for 235 yards and 2 TD. These are not guys I would want as backups and the jags offense didn’t miss a beat matter of fact they got more explosive with those two. 

So your saying in the second half Minshew went 6/10 for 60 yards.

Btw I do think Minshew is better than Hurts or Darnold, same with Heinicke or Keenum. But those type of QB will lead you no where and are just stop gaps for the next QB. Theirs a reason even with all those nice stats the Jags moved on, and they only got a 6th round for him. Theirs a reason the eagles coach is sticking with Hurts over him