• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady’s Future

hepcat

After a year and a half as an NFL OC, he could easily step into a college OC. Maybe not an all world one but good enough for college level.

I have no fugging idea how we hired him with zero OC and playcalling experience. Just another example to add to the reasons why Rhule never made it to his 3rd year in a couple of games. Why hire a college coach if they haven't actually done the job before at an easier level? Just a big ol' horseshit pie. 

37 minutes ago, Waldo said:

After a year and a half as an NFL OC, he could easily step into a college OC. Maybe not an all world one but good enough for college level.

I have no fugging idea how we hired him with zero OC and playcalling experience. Just another example to add to the reasons why Rhule never made it to his 3rd year in a couple of games. Why hire a college coach if they haven't actually done the job before at an easier level? Just a big ol' horseshit pie. 

Tbf Brady did call some plays while at LSU. I believe it was said he called empty backfield and all five-wide plays. It wasn’t him calling whole games but it was above zero. 

55 minutes ago, Varking said:

Tbf Brady did call some plays while at LSU. I believe it was said he called empty backfield and all five-wide plays. It wasn’t him calling whole games but it was above zero. 

Ok, zero meaningful playcalling. 

Was the OC getting a drink or using the bathroom?

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Ok, zero meaningful playcalling. 

Was the OC getting a drink or using the bathroom?

We hired a guy that basically a green pass only coach….

gave him a horrible OL, bad QB play and wonder why things didn’t work.   HC complains about why he isn’t sticking with the run.  Well, that’s not what you hired Matt. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Varking said:

I get the point you’re attempting to make. I just wanted to add in some info before it goes spreading around here that he never called plays before this. 

Well I meant as a coach that actually called a game and not whatever the fug that is. 

No hate on you sir, that is just some weird BS. That's like saying a QB has some playcalling experience from using audibles. I guess it's technically true while being misleading. 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

One interesting stat on college vs pro coaching…
Nick Saban record:  268–66–1 (college) 15–17 (NFL)

NFL is light years harder than college

Well duh. Matt Rhule padded his college W-L record by beating terrible schools. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

We hired a guy that basically a green pass only coach….

gave him a horrible OL, bad QB play and wonder why things didn’t work.   HC complains about why he isn’t sticking with the run.  Well, that’s not what you hired Matt. 

Couldn't even call an entire game for the full offense. I have seen where the OC was really under the HC who was calling the game but that is some BS right there. You got a bad OC that can't call pass plays and this genius that has no idea how the rest of the offense works and certainly not big picture. WTF.

Edited by Waldo

Were I him, I'd be taking my sizable amount of cash, sticking it in the bank, and going to work for next to nothing on a good offensive staff.

He's likely going to be around for as long as he wants in the NFL, and will probably be an OC again, but he needs some time, and a much better situation.

25 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Well I meant as a coach that actually called a game and not whatever the fug that is. 

No hate on you sir, that is just some weird BS. That's like saying a QB has some playcalling experience from using audibles. I guess it's technically true while being misleading. 

When they said that it would have been like he had 1/3 of all playcalling duties because LSU had empty backfield a lot. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He can get a OC job by the end of this week in college. But some nfl team will probably hire him in the offseason. The panthers offensive struggles have little to do with Brady schemes.

I disagree with this view. If the Panthers are running the same routes out of the same sets and personnel, especially for the down and distance, then the issue is on the OC. You have to plan an attack against your opponent and adjust if it is not working. I personally think that the plays were ok, but the defenses are disguising the right coverages and causing havoc with the hot routes and o-line protection calls. Call something the defense has not seen before, there is plenty of tape on you Brady, change it up.

50 minutes ago, Shocker said:

One interesting stat on college vs pro coaching…
Nick Saban record:  268–66–1 (college) 15–17 (NFL)

NFL is light years harder than college

I can't remember where I heard it, but the difference is college is about the Jimmys and Joes. Everybody in the NFL is pretty good so it becomes all about the Xs and the Os. 

Said another way, you can out recruit and out athlete your opponent in college. In the NFL, you have to have superior strategy, including in-game adjustments and adjusting to your opponent's adjustments.

Edit : I expect this to be on full display when Alabama out athletes Cincinnati, especially in the trenches.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I disagree with this view. If the Panthers are running the same routes out of the same sets and personnel, especially for the down and distance, then the issue is on the OC. You have to plan an attack against your opponent and adjust if it is not working. I personally think that the plays were ok, but the defenses are disguising the right coverages and causing havoc with the hot routes and o-line protection calls. Call something the defense has not seen before, there is plenty of tape on you Brady, change it up.

What plays do you want him to call? And when the plays are there the QB is missing the throw, the o-line is not giving enough time for the play to develop and the personal in general is terrible.

How many times last season and this season did Teddy and Darnold miss wide open guys, what is Brady supposed to do?

Rhule wants this physical run heavy team, why hire Brady in the first place? Brady whole MO is pass first