• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady’s Future

hepcat

Theres no way another NFL team trusts him run an offense on his own at this point. I think he’s going back to college for awhile. It’s possible that he could completely wash out and 5 years from now will look like one of the worst hires this franchise has ever made (next to Rhule and george seifert).

I think Joe Brady will be fine.  Someone will hire him that has the talent to throw the ball around.   Which Carolina never did.   It was never a pairing that made sense given how horrible our OL was, how bad our QBs were and how inexperienced Brady was. 

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

I get the sense that GMs might look at his stint here and think that our offensive problems weren't all his fault and give him another chance. I'm thinking maybe the Eagles give him a shot.

I try to be level headed and not evaluate from an emotional standpoint. His QBs here have been Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater. I wouldn't categorize either as good. Both in terms of league standing are in the bottom half. His best offensive weapon is injury prone. The line we have given him to work with is below average. I believe a lot of intelligent franchises and colleges are going to give him a look as an OC again because its very easy to look at what he had to work with here consistently and come to the conclusion it would have been difficult for any OC to come in here with what's gone on and make things go great. 

There's always a few people in the gameday threads who note that there are open players on plays and our QBs are missing reads or making poor throws. He can call the perfect play and if the players don't execute it the fanbase chalks it up to his playcalling. He can call a dogshit designed play and it work out and the masses think he called some magical play. 

The players are put in positions to succeed and our poor QB play week in and week out is the biggest reason why the play calling looks poor. People hated his red zone play calling and then this season when everyone was healthy we were amazing in the red zone before the wheels fell off where Sam shat the bed and Christian became dead. Then we get Cam in here and the last three weeks with him we've been the 7th best team in the red zone again. 

There's pieces there that other teams will look at and see why its hard to judge what happened here. And I am sure he will make the excuse when interviewing that Rhule is a college coach, there needed to be adjustments, they drafted basically all defense while I was here, they gave me Teddy and Sam to work with, etc. 

But he is gone now from here and not in the running to have a job here going forward so we should move on. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, saX man said:

He's a college guy going back to college.

I also foresee the big schools passing on him given his most recent stint.

But maybe it's one who wants to take a gamble and return to notoriety: Virginia Tech

That job was filled before Brady got fired by a much better coach. 

Edited by Newbie

27 minutes ago, travisura said:

I get the sense that GMs might look at his stint here and think that our offensive problems weren't all his fault and give him another chance. I'm thinking maybe the Eagles give him a shot.

I tend to agree with this. But I also think Brady ascended the ladder way too quickly and probably needs to take a step back before he takes another step forward. But he will probably get another OC job if not higher. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see him back with the Saints in some capacity. He was well liked there and taking a step or two back down the ladder would probably be a good idea for his long-term career prospects.

Also, while I would agree he had some deficient players, the truth is Brady wasn't very good at what he did either. For example, remember Robby Anderson pointing out that he had some obvious opportunities for adjustments and didn't call them.

Coming up with a scheme is relatively easy (hell, Mike Shula can do that). It's knowing how to implement it and adjust on the fly that makes a truly great OC.

Brady wasn't up to it.

Truthfully, Brady was a case of getting a job too fast too soon and winding up in over his head, which is ironic given that the same can be said of the head coach who hired him.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see him back with the Saints in some capacity. He was well liked there and taking a step or two back down the ladder would probably be a good idea for his long-term career prospects.

Also, while I would agree he had some deficient players, the truth is Brady wasn't very good at what he did either. For example, remember Robby Anderson pointing out that he had some obvious opportunities for adjustments and didn't call them.

Coming up with a scheme is relatively easy (hell, Mike Shula can do that). It's knowing how to implement it and adjust on the fly that makes a truly great OC.

Brady wasn't up to it.

Truthfully, Brady was a case of getting a job too fast too soon and winding up in over his head, which is ironic given that the same can be said of the head coach who hired him.

That's the problem with what Rhule put together.   None of it makes sense.  Joe Brady is a super green OC.  Joe Brady would have made sense with a veteran QB.  A good one.   That allows Joe Brady to grow in his role and develop.    Joe Brady is a project. 

Joe Brady wasn't suppsoe to be good yet.   Sean Payton wasn't a good playcaller 2 years into his OC career in the NFL. 

But pairing Joe Brady with Sam Darnold and a bad OL? Well, Matt Rhule got the predictable results.  Everyone can't be a project.  Yet, the QB, OL and OC all were projects. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

That's the problem with what Rhule put together.   None of it makes sense.  Joe Brady is a super green OC.  Joe Brady would have made sense with a veteran QB.  A good one.   That allows Joe Brady to grow in his role and develop.    Joe Brady is a project. 

Joe Brady wasn't suppsoe to be good yet.   Sean Payton wasn't a good playcaller 2 years into his OC career in the NFL. 

But pairing Joe Brady with Sam Darnold and a bad OL? Well, Matt Rhule got the predictable results.  Everyone can't be a project.  Yet, the QB, OL and OC all were projects. 

Brady is like a lot of other young offensive minds in that he benefited greatly, but not necessarily deservedly, from the success of Sean McVay.

Ever since McVay hit it big, you've had teams throwing jobs at young guys with little experience and or seasoning hoping that lightning will strike again.

Nine times out of ten it hasn't, but we've still got people advocating that same MO.