• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Rhule could be next, but probably not this year

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are some pretty good head coaching options available this offseason.

Bypassing those guys in favor of giving Matt Rhule another year would be a very Panthery thing to do.

Yep. Kinda like failing to draft a QB, sign a Trubisky to a low level FA deal, or trade a late round pick for Minshew because you'd already made a deal to trade way too much for Sam Darnold and pickup his option to triple down on the two other mistakes.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Kinda like failing to draft a QB, sign a Trubisky to a low level FA deal, or trade a late round pick for Minshew because you'd already made a deal to trade way too much for Sam Darnold and pickup his option to triple down on the two other mistakes.

Yeah, should have signed Trubisky for peanuts instead of giving up picks for Darnold.  Not saying Mitch would have been great with this OL but he was extremely cheap.  Bigtime mistake.

Four blowout losses and one loss by a touchdown or field goall probably seals Rhule's fate. I take that back, hopefully seals his fate. 

In a perfect world we pull a 1998, win the last two and have some momentum for the next coach -- but in a realistic world, the season regrettably ends in winter, when this team has gone into hibernation. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

We have the Falcons on Sunday at 1 p.m. If we lose, we'll have an announcement of Rhule's firing by 1 p.m. on Monday.

I think we're that close. Another loss and it's hit the road. Might survive a loss to Buffalo if we win vs. Atlanta. Loss to the Bucs (and that's almost a guaranteed loss) and he's probably out. Lose to New Orleans (a team that has been falling apart all year) and Rhule is on the street.

Personally, I don't think Rhule makes it past this coming Monday.

God help me, but if losing at home to the freaking Falcons gets rid of Rhule, let it be so 

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah, should have signed Trubisky for peanuts instead of giving up picks for Darnold.  Not saying Mitch would have been great with this OL but he was extremely cheap.  Bigtime mistake.

Minshew was my A (by a significant margin), Trubisky was my B. Once the am Stafford ship sailed, those were the only two vet options that interested me. 

• Pie 2