• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, whose playing QB now?

Cdparr7

So Sam is likely to be back before the end of the season. He did okay in the Atlanta game before having a meltdown when Rhule and Co put him out there with a shoulder injury.

Walker is hit and miss and I really don’t think is better than Sam although only worse by a little.

Cam knowledge is limited, no way he knows all of the playbook even if he has been here a month. Still mobile but his arm does look weak at times but not as much as it’s made out to be.

So what the hell are we supposed to do? I mean Darnold has the best arm but worst decision making, Cam is most experienced, PJ is meh. 

• Poo 3

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Just now, Gipetto said:

Are we supposed to still like cam? Because I always will

I mean idk. I guess it depends if we are in tank mode or not vs what we need to see.

To me, we either need to go with Sam or Cam for next year. We probably need to be playing Newton regardless.

But if we don’t plan on signing Cam again, I would give the reps to Darnold to tank out or make himself tradable to get rid of the contract next year.

we got a couple options. 

1.  Start PJ, never lose again.   

- not a big fan of this option as it likely ensures Matt Rhule stays employed.  No need to argue.  Lightning will strike.  An earthquake will knock someone over and force them to fumble.  Someone accidently recovers it for a score.  But PJ Walker doesn't lose.  Please accept this and move on.  Just a fact. 

2.  We obviously start Cam.  That is what Cam was just paid to be.  If you aren't going to play Cam? Then fire Rhule and let Cam coach the damn team.   Cam then starts himself and is a player/coach like in the NBA.  Fug it. 

3.  We could start Sam.  I'll be honest, Cam, PJ, whoever is on the practice squad, and all FAs would have to break their legs before I could endorse this move.  Sam and Rhule both need to leave after this year.  Never to return.  Go enjoy your millions you stole.  Even Sam Bradford is probably impressed by such a heist. 

• Pie 1

No idea what a pack of desperate people will do when the pressure is on. I would think it's Cam regardless, it was all Brady right? lol, because that's what Tepper wants because that gets people to show up.

OMG, if they trot Sam out again it's going to be hilarious. I kind of hope they do that and then maybe Tepper can find better people to waste picks and years. 

Just start Cam and see if the new playcaller can figure out how that whole thing works, the last guy couldn't. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

we got a couple options. 

1.  Start PJ, never lose again.   

- not a big fan of this option as it likely ensures Matt Rhule stays employed.  No need to argue.  Lightning will strike.  An earthquake will knock someone over and force them to fumble.  Someone accidently recovers it for a score.  But PJ Walker doesn't lose.  Please accept this and move on.  Just a fact. 

2.  We obviously start Cam.  That is what Cam was just paid to be.  If you aren't going to play Cam? Then fire Rhule and let Cam coach the damn team.   Cam then starts himself and is a player/coach like in the NBA.  Fug it. 

3.  We could start Sam.  I'll be honest, Cam, PJ, whoever is on the practice squad, and all FAs would have to break their legs before I could endorse this move.  Sam and Rhule both need to leave after this year.  Never to return.  Go enjoy your millions you stole.  Even Sam Bradford is probably impressed by such a heist. 

Oh the circle jerk that would happen if Cam became HC. 

• Flames 1

Yea Cam needs to finish the year. 

Next year is the bigger question and will solely relate to Cam’s play. 

If he isn’t worth resigning, I’d rather not do it and just roll with Sam.

It sucks but it’s not an ability issue it’s a cap issue. It’d really suck to sign cam longer if he can’t win games. 5 wins vs. 7/8 wins is meaningless because neither are the future.

Resign Cam if he balls out a few of these last games for sure, and draft someone to sit.

If he sucks, just take the fall and lose with Sam next year, save picks and cap while tanking for a high pick. It is after all, the blue print that got cam here. It’s something everyone wants to avoid but at some point it needs to be done.

Edited by onmyown