• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting nugget from Rhule’s Brady presser

CRA

Rhule commented that going forward some things would be the same outside of Nixon calling the actual plays.  Specifically that different members of the offensive staff are tasked each week with game planning different aspects of the O (redzone, 3rd down, short yardage) and that they will continue doing that…

well, maybe that shouldn’t continue as is either?   Maybe you don’t need the exact same folks cooking up stuff and handing it to the new name OC.  Seems like they would be key part of the game planning problems.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

In any given situation, imagine something that should be said.

Matt Rhule will say the opposite.

I mean he basically told the Giants the new gameplan right before we played them, and got taken to the woodshed by the G-men who will probably be looking for a GM, an entire new coaching staff, and a new QB. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Honestly, and I really wanted Ruhle to work out (we all did) but I have been completely blown away by how unprepared he has been, as well as his subpar coaching performances. I understand there would be growing pins and learning on the job but my God he has no clue what’s going on. He is a non power 5 conference coach at best. 

He has been out coached by a number of guys who may be looking for a new job in a month. 

This is Larry Fedora 2.0.

I wonder about a few things.. 

So Rhule was brought in to be a team builder. The thought always was that this was going to take a few seasons. I was cool with that. Lets do this right.

But suddenly the narrative was 'we are ready to win now'. No we weren't.

So why did the message change? 

Unfortunately the only thing I can think of is Tepper..... 

• Pie 5

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This is Larry Fedora 2.0.

Fedora is one of the worst head coaches I’ve ever seen. I mean from top to bottom a complete moron. The only thing I respect about him is that Roy spoke highly of him off the field and when Carolina lost that heart breaker to Nova, Fedora was there for Roy. 

Regarding the Panthers, I was a bit young to really comprehend how bad George Seifert was but aside from the Panthers years his resume is pretty good. 

Ruhle is shooting his way up the list as worst Panthers coach. Perry Fewell was pretty terrible but do we even count him? 

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I wonder about a few things.. 

So Rhule was brought in to be a team builder. The thought always was that this was going to take a few seasons. I was cool with that. Lets do this right.

But suddenly the narrative was 'we are ready to win now'. No we weren't.

So why did the message change? 

Unfortunately the only thing I can think of is Tepper..... 

Fitts and Rhule really started talking big when we started off 3-0. 

Unfortunately, both of Rhule's seasons started with promise before unraveling badly. This one even worse than last one. What we expected was a couple of struggle seasons while showing progress. What we've actually gotten is a couple of flailing seasons showing regression.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

Fedora at least had some decent offenses and one really good season.

He did have that one year where UNC got blatantly screwed by the officials against Clemson in Charlotte. The refs should have been investigated and promptly fired. Wonder how things work out if Carolina wasn’t cheated out of that championship. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fedora is one of the worst head coaches I’ve ever seen. I mean from top to bottom a complete moron. The only thing I respect about him is that Roy spoke highly of him off the field and when Carolina lost that heart breaker to Nova, Fedora was there for Roy. 

Regarding the Panthers, I was a bit young to really comprehend how bad George Seifert was but aside from the Panthers years his resume is pretty good. 

Ruhle is shooting his way up the list as worst Panthers coach. Perry Fewell was pretty terrible but do we even count him? 

Fedora had no desire to recruit or play defense. He just expected his offense to outscore everyone anyway.