• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

this place is so much more hostile about ruhle than it was for rivera in 2013

electro's horse

10 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

OK roster was dildos when he got it. 

He then turned around and did dildos moves with it by trading for Sam Darnold.

That could be forgiven if the rest of the team didn't look inept and they weren't getting out coached, just beaten.

Last year we were in damn near every game we played so expectations were that some of those 8 one score games would flip the other way to a W. Instead we aren't as competitive and we are getting blown out week in and week out. With an improved roster from his first season, we look worse than we did last year. That points to poor coaching. 

All points are valid and correct, not defending Sam. I was 100% against that move and have plenty of posts sounding off when it happened and soon after as well. Staff/Rhule have made colossal mistakes at the QB spot for 2 full years(Cam save ??) and unless a miracle happens it will be a 3rd given the 5th year pickup. Like I said if you want to focus on negatives, there are a few. I can say for the 14th time, they gave a false hope with that 2020 season. Plus remember the no fans for most games and other coofus BS that Rhule had to over-come. That was the hardest start in NFL history for the start of ones coaching career. NO OTAs, NO rookie camp, only 29 days of training camp and NO preseason games to gain experience for the least experience staff in the league! No scouting college players, face time player meetings, insane travel rules, etc etc. 

You stated how well they played and everything was against him/team.

Did everyone forget @Verge @CRA@Zod ???? 

This stuff didnt happened years ago, just last year. Gold fish memory now controls teh huddle. " I WANT RESULTS RIGHT NOWWWW!!!!!!" Feels like most people on here eat dinner via microwave......

Very painful seeing posters as yourself, ladypanther, cra, k53 and other smart veterans commenting.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

All points are valid and correct, not defending Sam. I was 100% against that move and have plenty of posts sounding off when it happened and soon after as well. Staff/Rhule have made colossal mistakes at the QB spot for 2 full years(Cam save ??) and unless a miracle happens it will be a 3rd given the 5th year pickup. Like I said if you want to focus on negatives, there are a few. I can say for the 14th time, they gave a false hope with that 2020 season. Plus remember the no fans for most games and other coofus BS that Rhule had to over-come. That was the hardest start in NFL history for the start of ones coaching career. NO OTAs, NO rookie camp, only 29 days of training camp and NO preseason games to gain experience for the least experience staff in the league! No scouting college players, face time player meetings, insane travel rules, etc etc. 

This stuff didnt happened years ago, just last year. Gold fish memory now controls teh huddle. " I WANT RESULTS RIGHT NOWWWW!!!!!!" Feels like most people on here eat dinner via microwave......

Very painful seeing posters as yourself, ladypanther, cra, k53 and other smart veterans commenting.

I think we vets are tired of the losing man. I've been a member of the huddle since 2009. Been through the end of the Fox era and the end of the Rivera era. I remember everything that happened last year which is why I was optimistic for the season going into 2021. If we were able to be competitive with the poo team that we had in 2020, we should be much improved with more offseason and a better team thrown together with a new GM.

Saying all that, there were 4 new head coaches that were in the same boat as Rhule was last year. Comparing our team's success to the other 4 new head coaches from last year, Rhule has been the worst of the 5.

He is being out coached by Kevin Stefanski, coach of the perpetual joke of the Browns who won 1 more game in 2019 than the Panthers before the two coaches took over. Year one he went to the playoffs, we won 5 games. Mike McCathy sucked year one, division leaders year two. Rivera, playoffs year one with a worse QB situation and Playoff contention year two with our QB backup castoff. Joe Judge - not great, won't lie. However his team whooped our ass and he has the same amount of wins as the panthers in the same time frame, and his team is being competitive while doing it. 

We seem to getting worse, and we seem to be getting worse as a direct relation to the choices that Rhule and his staff have made since his hiring. 

If we were still 5-7 and we seemed to be competitive we would be frustrated but not miserable and disinterested like we are now. Instead we have little hope for the future based on the staff's past moves, the state of the QB situation, and our lack of top 100 draft picks in the upcoming draft. 

I'm just ready to stop sucking and the current trend does not show this changing any time soon under Rhule. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think we vets are tired of the losing man. I've been a member of the huddle since 2009. Been through the end of the Fox era and the end of the Rivera era. I remember everything that happened last year which is why I was optimistic for the season going into 2021. If we were able to be competitive with the poo team that we had in 2020, we should be much improved with more offseason and a better team thrown together with a new GM.

Saying all that, there were 4 new head coaches that were in the same boat as Rhule was last year. Comparing our team's success to the other 4 new head coaches from last year, Rhule has been the worst of the 5.

He is being out coached by Kevin Stefanski, coach of the perpetual joke of the Browns who won 1 more game in 2019 than the Panthers before the two coaches took over. Year one he went to the playoffs, we won 5 games. Mike McCathy sucked year one, division leaders year two. Rivera, playoffs year one with a worse QB situation and Playoff contention year two with our QB backup castoff. Joe Judge - not great, won't lie. However his team whooped our ass and he has the same amount of wins as the panthers in the same time frame, and his team is being competitive while doing it. 

We seem to getting worse, and we seem to be getting worse as a direct relation to the choices that Rhule and his staff have made since his hiring. 

If we were still 5-7 and we seemed to be competitive we would be frustrated but not miserable and disinterested like we are now. Instead we have little hope for the future based on the staff's past moves, the state of the QB situation, and our lack of top 100 draft picks in the upcoming draft. 

I'm just ready to stop sucking and the current trend does not show this changing any time soon under Rhule. 

Im pissed too. Plus if you survived the 2010 season, this should be cake.

Short side comment- 2010 was the last time I went to a panthers game. Game was vs the bears and I dont think panthers crossed the 50 over twice for the whole game. By some miracle panthers had a chance in the 4th, crowd had been quiet for 3 hours(i mean nothing panther did gave reason for cheers). Still in the 4th my section/friend/near whole stadium of the remaining panther fans cheered with the hope panthers could do something with pickles.....Of course nothing happened and as we were walking down those long concrete ramps. I looked my friend dead in his eyes and said I will never come back here. Since then some light at the end with the creation of roaring riot.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Be honest- How did you feel when the 3-0 happened? And what were your NON-homer expectations for the team? (before the start)

All those coaches you listed, each team had faaar more talent than the panthers. Browns roster is full of 1sts, best DE, and they have the best OL in the NFL. Dallas had Elliot, Dak(top 5 QB), best WR group in the league and a top 8 OL. Dallas's D had best group of LBs, Dlawence, young Diggs. Giants had Barkley, Jones, and a legit group of WRs&promising TE. Washington much closer to the panthers, still at that time had the best DL in all of NFL and we saw scary terry ruin Djak's huge payday hopes. Washington also had BSheiff and Twilliams on OL(trade him to 49ers).  And when we played; Joe and Ron 100% out-coached the panthers up and down on game day. I dont defend wrong.

Lastly hate to do this- What if panthers win against failcons?( Trying to gauge how bio-polar you are, since thats 95% of the board thinking......) Plus what if panther shock some teams and make the playoffs, will you forgive Rhule and want to keep him&staff? I think you and all the poster should re-think why you have these feelings of misery. Im tried of losing too, but my god this team AT BEST was 2022 away form legit competing.... If you think otherwise, whos fault is that?? Guess Im going to Keep pounding and everyone else can keep whining. 

(until the offseason...)

22 hours ago, Basbear said:

well, I have been pretty consistent with my opinions of Matt Rhule.   I was blasting him hard before a single snap of football was played this year.  

I mean, I got just as many bad takes as the next guy..... but I'm not someone who just turned on Matt Rhule.

• Beer 2

35 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Be honest- How did you feel when the 3-0 happened? And what were your NON-homer expectations for the team? (before the start)

That the start was possible fool's gold since it was against two teams starting rookie QBs for the first time and a team missing key parts because of COVID and that people were going to be highly upset if that proved to be true.

My expectations have always been for the team to win 6-9 games and that hasn't changed. That said, as the season has progressed, I've become more and more convinced that Rhule is in over his head and not an NFL caliber coach.

For what it's worth, I think Tepper will go down as a bad owner too.

• Beer 3

19 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Man I'm old. I was a huddle vet in 2009. Either way us "vets" know this ship isn't going anywhere. We have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. We also had scepticism about the Rhule hire because of the lack of experience. So now it's just a welp we knew it moment. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im pissed too. Plus if you survived the 2010 season, this should be cake.

Short side comment- 2010 was the last time I went to a panthers game. Game was vs the bears and I dont think panthers crossed the 50 over twice for the whole game. By some miracle panthers had a chance in the 4th, crowd had been quiet for 3 hours(i mean nothing panther did gave reason for cheers). Still in the 4th my section/friend/near whole stadium of the remaining panther fans cheered with the hope panthers could do something with pickles.....Of course nothing happened and as we were walking down those long concrete ramps. I looked my friend dead in his eyes and said I will never come back here. Since then some light at the end with the creation of roaring riot.

___________________________________________________________________________________

All those coaches you listed, each team had faaar more talent than the panthers. Browns roster is full of 1sts, best DE, and they have the best OL in the NFL. Dallas had Elliot, Dak(top 5 QB), best WR group in the league and a top 8 OL. Dallas's D had best group of LBs, Dlawence, young Diggs. Giants had Barkley, Jones, and a legit group of WRs&promising TE. Washington much closer to the panthers, still at that time had the best DL in all of NFL and we saw scary terry ruin Djak's huge payday hopes. Washington also had BSheiff and Twilliams on OL(trade him to 49ers).  And when we played; Joe and Ron 100% out-coached the panthers up and down on game day. I dont defend wrong.

Lastly hate to do this- What if panthers win against failcons?( Trying to gauge how bio-polar you are, since thats 95% of the board thinking......) Plus what if panther shock some teams and make the playoffs, will you forgive Rhule and want to keep him&staff? I think you and all the poster should re-think why you have these feelings of misery. Im tried of losing too, but my god this team AT BEST was 2022 away form legit competing.... If you think otherwise, whos fault is that?? Guess Im going to Keep pounding and everyone else can keep whining. 

(until the offseason...)

I was hyped as hell at the beginning of the 3-0 start. There were definitely some concerns in the back of my mind that we might just be beating bad teams, and Sam wasn't exactly world beating, just playing well enough not to lose. 

Then the wheels fell off.

If we win on Sunday, I'll probably feel nothing. as I've said in other threads, I actually think our team strengths match up well with the Falcons' weaknesses. As bad as our OL has been this year, there's has been worse. We are on a downward trend and beating up the other small kid in the class doesn't make you look like a badass. If we win out and end up in the post season I'll be thrilled and I'll eat my crow, but I seriously doubt our team is good enough and well coached enough to end the season 10-7. We have to play the Bucs twice, the Bills once, and the Falcons and Saints once each.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, electro's horse said:

That team started out 1-3 and there was fuging blood in the water. 

The Panthers had just poo the fuging bed in Arizona coming out of a bye. They beat the hell out of the Cardinals but lost due to a hideous offensive gameplan. 

This was after starting 1-6 the season before, including one of the most gut wrenching regular season losses in team history that involved a 4th and short and a certain undersized safety. 

There were constant threads about firing rivera. 

In retrospect I don't think anyone can say that Rivera didn't come into a better situation. I mean yes he drafted Cam but that was a no brainer, and also a consolation pick. The team was also better when he inherited it, especially what ruhle inherited. 

And yet thinks are far more hostile now than they were then. 

So why is that? Obviously this was a decade ago, the internet as a whole had not yet grown as caustic. 

Why is Ruhle different?

Maybe bc what was experienced by Ron. Ron should have been gone yr 3 for me. I complained every since them I believe. I wanted Cam to have a different coach for development. Coming to a team that was bare and a rookie coach that was learning just like Cam was a stunt in growth for Cam and the team. 4th yr Cam or Ron should have been gone but I preferred Ron gone and a more seasoned coach to get the most out of Cam.  I feel when you have been exposed to poo for so long. You recognize sooner than you did the 1st time. I think Tepper made a mistake probably in hiring another rookie to come into his own, but if you going to do that you have to be completely sold out to him. Which means him picking his own coaching staff and drafting who he wants to coach.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:17 PM, CashNewton22 said:

Yeah man honestly it makes me not even want to post. There’s so much negativity and bad vibes about a team not expected to win anything anyways that I don’t even like getting on the huddle. There’s rarely insightful posts just complaining and worrying about things that haven’t even happened. I’m legitimately thinking about shutting my account down because it has become so incredibly unbearable.

For a long time I loved coming here because likeminded people could discuss the Panthers win or lose. Of course you have some posters who overreact to every minor inconvenience then but now it’s like you’d think we were expecting a super bowl champion and got this team. The huddle kinda sucks now man and I think that’s an extension of the fan base. We’ve become incredibly toxic and it’s a true bummer. I’m not ok with losing but even when we did we usually were chill about it not “woah is me the sky is falling and everything sucks.”

We are sick of watching shitty football. No playoffs and no winning records in 5 years will do that. What do you want the topic of conversation to be exactly? 

LOL. I wasn't impressed at 3-0 but today was the low that will be good enough to flush this turd. 

Hire someone who knows something positive about the NFL and let them choose who is hired next. Fug all the shitstains in this organization now. Everyone should be fired except Tepper and he needs to take a longggggg vacation after hiring a consultant. 

• Pie 2