• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

this place is so much more hostile about ruhle than it was for rivera in 2013

electro's horse

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

i would love for you to provide a source for this

Does it really matter?

These sort of decisions aren't made in a vacuum.

Presumably the Panthers scouts, Rivera and Hurney discussed draft choices ahead of time.

Hurney gets the credit for pulling the trigger, but he likely wouldn't have selected who he did without buy in from Rivera. 

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Verge said:

Rhule is being so obviously outcoached and has made such putried roster decisions (Trading picks for Sam, extending Robby, Sam's 5th year option, etc) that it feels like a waste if he gets another year. It's not beyond saying that Phil Snow has helped Matt Rhule look a lot better than he is, and he still looks bad.

I do not get how 2021 looks like his first year and 2020 they were more competitive with much less talent. NFL is weird and all, still you are aware how bad the team was in early 2020 off-season?? Maybe the worst roster in the league, in just 1.75 years into a rebuild they are better at nearly every spot minus OL&QB. Winning 5 games feels like it gave the fans/tepper false hope, the team was not a 5 win team. Add in that 3-0 start, superbowl plans were getting made it felt like.... 

Who knows what type of pressure Tepper is putting on Rhule, Im old enough to member this team needing a near compete over-haul. That does NOT happen in 1.75 years, not even the master of masters Bill Paracells in all his 4 year glory was able to take team with the worse roster and turn them into winners faster. 

Microwave fans are killing me..... Rhule has failed finding a QB, no defending that. This team, no matter what needs much more than just a QB.

Team also when form the oldest to youngest in just a little over one 1 year

Plus this is getting overlooked, but you and others need to see they've had what 80 million+ in dead cap??? It must be a two year record, a small part is by Rhules hands.

I mean are we only focused on the negative and not seen how Rhule gained in positives while also screwing up(like any other coach)??

I can not believe most the high IQ panthers posters are going crazy with this team. Fiz at least sees the faults in the method of thinking for Ron vs Rhule.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I do not get how 2021 looks like his first year and 2020 they were more competitive with much less talent. NFL is weird and all, still you are aware how bad the team was in early 2020 off-season?? Maybe the worst roster in the league, in just 1.75 years into a rebuild they are better at nearly every spot minus OL&QB. Winning 5 games feels like it gave the fans/tepper false hope, the team was not a 5 win team. Add in that 3-0 start, superbowl plans were getting made it felt like.... 

Who knows what type of pressure Tepper is putting on Rhule, Im old enough to member this team needing a near compete over-haul. That does NOT happen in 1.75 years, not even the master of masters Bill Paracells in all his 4 year glory was able to take team with the worse roster and turn them into winners faster. 

Microwave fans are killing me..... Rhule has failed finding a QB, no defending that. This team no matter what needs much more than just a QB.

Team also when form the oldest to youngest in just 1 year

Plus this is getting overlooked, but you and others need to see they've had what 80 million+ in dead cap??? It must be a two year record, a small part is by Rhules hands.

I mean are we only focused on the negative and not seen how Rhule gained in positives while also screwing up(like any other coach)??

I can not believe most the high IQ panthers posters going crazy with this team. Fiz at least sees the faults in the method of thinking in Ron vs Rhule.

We have what three draft picks next year? For all the hand wringing about inheriting such a bad situation where is it for making it that much worse by trading away draft capital for awful players and likely prolonging this rebuild?

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Mcaffery, Dj Moore, Donte Jackson

McCaffrey with his contract and cap hit isn't going anywhere next year unless we can get some GM blind drunk. DJ will remain a Panther bc receivers are coveted pieces in this offense driven league. Donte is a good guy but he can get paid elsewhere. He's probably talking about Luke in particular. I think he's just upset Teddy had a really bad game last night.

Couple reasons.

1- People are fed up after we wasted the talent of the previous core.

2- Unlike Rivera, we are not losing close games. We are getting hilariously outcoached and beaten by inferior teams.

3- Pourous personnel decisions that give even Ron a ron for his money, both in the lineup and at the QB and on the OL.

4- Ron usually finished strong, recency bias and all that. I'd also say it's harder to win later in the year, since this is when there's more film on teams and adjustments have been made. Hence why we are 5-31 after decently fast starts the past few seasons.

I understand why people are frustrated, but it gets grating very quickly.

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Microwave fans are killing me..... Rhule has failed finding a QB, no defending that. This team, no matter what needs much more than just a QB.

Team also when form the oldest to youngest in just a little over one 1 year

I can not believe most the high IQ panthers posters are going crazy with this team. Fiz at least sees the faults in the method of thinking for Ron vs Rhule.

You make some valid points, especially the cap one, though I feel like you can credit that just to Hurney not being there. Part of the reason for the pessimism is what we have spent our resources on, it doesn't feel far enough from Hurney where they mess up. Trading multiple picks for Sam, picking up his 5th, extending Robby, all in the name of putting yet another budget patchwork offensive line is obnoxiously familiar and bad. 

I look at what Rhule has added to the roster and it's not much for me to get excited about, not yet anyway with the Horn injury. Plus the positives he did bring in (Reddick mainly) we likely won't be able to retain because of other absolutely awful decisions. 

You could back it up with coaching or team enthusiasm but I see neither of those things. He straight up does not excel in the in game coaching department, and this team almost always feels flat for no reason. The most surge we saw during the season was the week Cam signed, that energy went away as fast as it came in once we got clearly outcoached two games in a row.

Rhule not only has failed to find a QB, he has failed to find a tackle, he has failed to find a guard, failed to find a center, failed to find an offensive weapon outside of CMC who was already here, and has failed to find anything but a gamesaving DC in Phil Snow. 

I guess it is just hard to feel fired up or look at it with any kind of optimism when the product you see on the field is as flat as any team we have seen in the Rivera era. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2