• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

this place is so much more hostile about ruhle than it was for rivera in 2013

electro's horse

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea, would have been nice to have a storybook ending, but either (hopefully) Rhule will be gone and the new coach will want to draft his own guy or Rhule will be back and it’s all doomed anyway. 

Whether Rhule is here or not this team is not competing without an oline and a competent qb.

My favorite narrative from the early Rivera days was, "Promote Chudz to HC, get rid of McDerp and demote Ron to DC!!" People actually said it on here like it was a viable possibility. Not to mention that Rivera went on to be semi-respectable and Chud flamed out in spectacular fashion and as of right now, McDermott is looking to be the best of the three.

• Pie 2

With Ron, it was pretty evident what was holding him back from being a good coach. It was his lack of aggressiveness in key situations. 

With Rhule, I can’t identify what’s holding him back and that’s what scares the s*** out of me. We have the same problems carrying over from last year with regards to the third quarter ineptitude and he doesn’t have an answer. That is all the evidence I need that he’s in over his head. 

3 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

My favorite narrative from the early Rivera days was, "Promote Chudz to HC, get rid of McDerp and demote Ron to DC!!" People actually said it on here like it was a viable possibility. Not to mention that Rivera went on to be semi-respectable and Chud flamed out in spectacular fashion and as of right now, McDermott is looking to be the best of the three.

Huddle is the huddle.  Football talk hasn’t changed.  More of America might be taking up message board football talk though and applying it elsewhere. 

People wanted to hang me for awhile for calling James Anderson a JAG.   Swap out first names and present day it was Robby.   Same stew cooking here.   Same reactions.

Good takes, bad takes.  Huddle has always had someone to call anything you say idiotic.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Yeah man honestly it makes me not even want to post. There’s so much negativity and bad vibes about a team not expected to win anything anyways that I don’t even like getting on the huddle. There’s rarely insightful posts just complaining and worrying about things that haven’t even happened. I’m legitimately thinking about shutting my account down because it has become so incredibly unbearable.

For a long time I loved coming here because likeminded people could discuss the Panthers win or lose. Of course you have some posters who overreact to every minor inconvenience then but now it’s like you’d think we were expecting a super bowl champion and got this team. The huddle kinda sucks now man and I think that’s an extension of the fan base. We’ve become incredibly toxic and it’s a true bummer. I’m not ok with losing but even when we did we usually were chill about it not “woah is me the sky is falling and everything sucks.”

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Huddle is the huddle.  Football talk hasn’t changed.  More of America might be taking up message board football talk though and applying it elsewhere. 

People wanted to hang me for awhile for calling James Anderson a JAG.   Swap out first names and present day it was Robby.   Same stew cooking here.   Same reactions.

Good takes, bad takes.  Huddle has always had someone to call anything you say idiotic.  

No way man this place has become way….way…waaaaay more negative. Even threads that start off on football talk devolve into why the Panthers suck. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

No way man this place has become way….way…waaaaay more negative. Even threads that start off on football talk devolve into why the Panthers suck. 

Last year we were at least in most of the games we played. This go around we are getting the doors blown off after making moves to push for the playoffs. It is odd to blame the fans for reacting poorly to the mistakes and foolishness of the front office in thinking we had a team ready to compete now while sacrificing our long term resources. If you don't want to read about the team under the circumstances your best bet would be to disconnect bc it's unlikely to get any better in the short term.

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Last year we were at least in most of the games we played. This go around we are getting the doors blown off after making moves to push for the playoffs. It is odd to blame the fans for reacting poorly to the mistakes and foolishness of the front office in thinking we had a team ready to compete now while sacrificing our long term resources. If you don't want to read about the team under the circumstances your best bet would be to disconnect bc it's unlikely to get any better in the short term.

I’m aware but man people are absolutely losing their grip. I’ve 80% disconnected though as you suggested. I’m only hoping acceptance of us not being very good sets in soon so every one can stop complaining and we can develop our huddle draft crushes since we’re gonna be picking high again. Until then….

12 hours ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule inherited a team that featured Cam Newton, McCaffrey, Moore, Moton, Burns, Shaq, etc.  

He clearly didn’t inherit the worst team in the NFL.   

And nothing else, unless you count Djax before Rhule/coached him up some. I'll add Moton, i know you were not trying to name everyone. Shaq was hated by 90% of this board and called a jag, before this season. Cam had not been healthy since 2015 and wanted a huge "commitment". So in the real world all he had was CMC, Moore, Moton, and Burns that were among the top 20 of their play spot. Lets see thats 53-4= 49. Rhule needs to find close to 40 NFL players!!  Thats AWFUL, no other way to see it. Now into year 2, the fans demand this team be a 13 win unit?? Has anyone looked arounf the NFC and seen that panthers are 1 game within playoff while playing poor? Many other team are playing poor just like the panthers, near 20 teams are with the panthers it seems. 

I argue that panthers were the worse roster at that time, Jets could be proven as worse. Plus depending on how much you rate having a tiny towel Watson, texans. Lions too, depends on how you rate Stafford. Still no debate they were in the bottom 3. Those teams have been very busy at adding draft picks(good ones) to the roster while panthers did not.

They lost

Reid(100+tack safety)

Luke(hofer)

bradberry(kept eilite WRs in check)

Vbulter(best season in 19, goodbackup)

addinson(9 sack machine for years)

Thomas davis (legend)

GMcCoy(HOFish)

BIrvin(solid NFL starter)

Golsen(Hofer)

DPoe(run stuffer)

DWiliams(better RT than Moton)

GVR(decent OG/backupC)

Cockwell(dog, good backup DB)

Thats around 60% of the snaps and stats, largest in the NFL at the time. And 95% of the leadership.

LOOK AT IT! open your eyes and mind!!

Also that year had around 45 million in dead cap(thanks herniay)

This year close to 45 AGAIN!!

Reason alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that out, all the haters need too.

Edited by Basbear

5 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This “giant extension” rumor was just that. The mistake that initiated everything was not letting him finish his contract. 

I believe he had the whole video about wanting answers or whatever it was that was mostly inferred as talking about an extension.  He was 0-8 in his previous starts, for lots of reasons.  It makes sense that they let him go after there was definitely drama.  Regardless of whose fault it was.

11 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I believe he had the whole video about wanting answers or whatever it was that was mostly inferred as talking about an extension.  He was 0-8 in his previous starts, for lots of reasons.  It makes sense that they let him go after there was definitely drama.  Regardless of whose fault it was.

The whole team was 0-8, they didn’t cut everyone. Wins aren’t a QB stat. That whole video he didn’t say a single thing about wanting an extension or money, people making assumptions just made asses of themselves. 

22 hours ago, Verge said:

Rhule is being so obviously outcoached and has made such putried roster decisions (Trading picks for Sam, extending Robby, Sam's 5th year option, etc) that it feels like a waste if he gets another year. It's not beyond saying that Phil Snow has helped Matt Rhule look a lot better than he is, and he still looks bad.

To your point, the only hiring that Matt Rhule did that didn't make sense and probably the rest of the huddle didn't think much of was Snow. Hell I didn't think he was going to make it and here we are. His vision and game planning has been for the most part good. You can dare say that this Team's better part is the defense and it has a lot to do with Snow and probably the draft picks that were used to fix that Defense. 

If Rhule does get the Axe, i'd honestly want Snow to stick around, he has a better head on his shoulders and his system isn't bad at all. But we will see what happens. 

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

And nothing else, unless you count Djax before Rhule/coached him up some. I'll add Moton, i know you were not trying to name everyone. Shaq was hated by 90% of this board and called a jag, before this season. Cam had not been healthy since 2015 and wanted a huge "commitment". So in the real world all he had was CMC, Moore, Moton, and Burns that were among the top 20 of their play spot. Lets see thats 53-4= 49. Rhule needs to find close to 40 NFL players!!  Thats AWFUL, no other way to see it. Now into year 2, the fans demand this team be a 13 win unit?? Has anyone looked arounf the NFC and seen that panthers are 1 game within playoff while playing poor? Many other team are playing poor just like the panthers, near 20 teams are with the panthers it seems. 

I argue that panthers were the worse roster at that time, Jets could be proven as worse. Plus depending on how much you rate having a tiny towel Watson, texans. Lions too, depends on how you rate Stafford. Still no debate they were in the bottom 3. Those teams have been very busy at adding draft picks(good ones) to the roster while panthers did not.

They lost

Reid(100+tack safety)

Luke(hofer)

bradberry(kept eilite WRs in check)

Vbulter(best season in 19, goodbackup)

addinson(9 sack machine for years)

Thomas davis (legend)

GMcCoy(HOFish)

BIrvin(solid NFL starter)

Golsen(Hofer)

DPoe(run stuffer)

DWiliams(better RT than Moton)

GVR(decent OG/backupC)

Cockwell(dog, good backup DB)

Thats around 60% of the snaps and stats, largest in the NFL at the time. And 95% of the leadership.

LOOK AT IT! open your eyes and mind!!

Also that year had around 45 million in dead cap(thanks herniay)

This year close to 45 AGAIN!!

Reason alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that out, all the haters need too.

OK roster was dildos when he got it. 

He then turned around and did dildos moves with it by trading for Sam Darnold.

That could be forgiven if the rest of the team didn't look inept and they weren't getting out coached, just beaten.

Last year we were in damn near every game we played so expectations were that some of those 8 one score games would flip the other way to a W. Instead we aren't as competitive and we are getting blown out week in and week out. With an improved roster from his first season, we look worse than we did last year. That points to poor coaching. 

• Pie 1