• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's Way too early mock draft 2022

Verge

In about every mock I've seen we are taking OT or QB, probably split 2/3 OT to 1/3 QB.  QBs either being Pickett or Corral.  Several mocks have Neal, Ekwonu and Cross gone in the top 7; we get OT #3.  The Jets and Giants get OT #1 and #2.  There's not even a consensus #1 QB and they are all over the place.

So tell me again, if mocks are having the top three LTs snatched up in the first 7 picks and some mocks don't even have a QB going in the top 7, why are we even having this discussion?

36 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The court presents Trevor Lawrence as evidence.  /case closed

The funny thing is the Jags have actually invested in the OL. Jawaan Taylor 2nd round 35 overall, Cam Robinson 2nd round 34 overall, Norwell ( UDFA), but was a high priced FA, Baruch was a low one 4th, Linder 3rd rounder center pick 93, and Walker Little 2nd round 45 overall. They just have had a terrible coach and no real weapons for Trevor. It doesn’t matter how good you draft if your staff sucks. BC and Brown could be solid starters for all we know…

If all 3 OT are gone, and I don't believe they will be as I see us losing out and picking around 5th, I'd trade back into the 10 to 14 or so range with a team that needs a QB. Get the Iowa Center and in the second round get QB Strong from Nevada if his knee checks out. Use the rest of our draft for OL. We will have enough in FA to get 2 OL starters. Start rebuilding the offense

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The funny thing is the Jags have actually invested in the OL. Jawaan Taylor 2nd round 35 overall, Cam Robinson 2nd round 34 overall, Norwell ( UDFA), but was a high priced FA, Baruch was a low one 4th, Linder 3rd rounder center pick 93, and Walker Little 2nd round 45 overall. They just have had a terrible coach and no real weapons for Trevor. It doesn’t matter how good you draft if your staff sucks. BC and Brown could be solid starters for all we know…

New coach, rebuilding, no identity.  Yes, they have a few pieces on the OL, but that is far from their only issue.  My point was no matter how good a rookie QB prospect is, bringing him into the scenario like I listed (in our case horrible OL too) is setting the guy up for utter failure. That's why I can't wrap my head around these people pounding the table for a QB.  My only thought is: QB=Super important, therefore it's the automatic default option, especially to those that don't follow the draft process.

Just now, bobcat91 said:

If all 3 OT are gone, and I don't believe they will be as I see us losing out and picking around 5th, I'd trade back into the 10 to 14 or so range with a team that needs a QB. Get the Iowa Center and in the second round get QB Strong from Nevada if his knee checks out. Use the rest of our draft for OL. We will have enough in FA to get 2 OL starters. Start rebuilding the offense

If we lose out and the Giants and Bears somehow win one more game, we pick 5th.  We should have our choice of the #2 LT prospect.

39 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

New coach, rebuilding, no identity.  Yes, they have a few pieces on the OL, but that is far from their only issue.  My point was no matter how good a rookie QB prospect is, bringing him into the scenario like I listed (in our case horrible OL too) is setting the guy up for utter failure. That's why I can't wrap my head around these people pounding the table for a QB.  My only thought is: QB=Super important, therefore it's the automatic default option, especially to those that don't follow the draft process.

It’s an important enough position that you draft one when you are in position to take a potential franchise one. The main question is, is there one that is a franchise QB in this draft. A very common strategy is take the QB and the build around him. There is usually a learning curve regardless. Franchise LTs are also very hard to find. Right now at pick 5-8 and considering this is a strong OL draft we probably have a higher chance of getting a franchise LT with this class. I would be ok with a top OL, or a trade down and then a QB later in the first with additional capital to address OL. 

22 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s an important enough position that you draft one when you are in position to take a potential franchise one. The main question is, is there one that is a franchise QB in this draft. A very common strategy is take the QB and the build around him. There is usually a learning curve regardless. Franchise LTs are also very hard to find. Right now at pick 5-8 and considering this is a strong OL draft we probably have a higher chance of getting a franchise LT with this class. I would be ok with a top OL, or a trade down and then a QB later in the first with additional capital to address OL. 

My point exactly.  This is the weakest QB draft class in several years.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:30 PM, ForJimmy said:

I was high on Willis last year. This year he has kind of turned me off playing poorly against tougher competition… 

Willis bust factor is almost off the charts.

He is only gonna be successful if he gets drafted by a good franchise with time to bring him along slowly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, Verge said:

Still too early to get definitive opinions about these guys, but this is what I could see shaking out at this moment. Eager to hear who yall like and don't like. 

261560094_285977263477412_8860124028222705240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=LYOauGLYhlYAX_oeSYx&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=2eb7c054a48fbf828cf3e15337e787c6&oe=61AFF975262800058_857428734934412_1810710118843157386_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=wkpIJdZcbSAAX-DyyQ9&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=72dfb8d1bc8e2b59f02baef875e9cc1e&oe=61B00DDB262322534_604706724121804_6165832962701120151_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=7Bk_w1Kd0QwAX_7vMJV&_nc_oc=AQmHo-4OoNCqKXAUGyDv2mSR1J23W8keI2GsAsnKN5RBz5vgr0k8ss1IRVLk9PREU8Z6zo9rtldaUCiGLipVpb_s&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=f26eb0ea07cb5a607e992b2f0370f520&oe=61AFD92E
263116366_2887828324767832_6145323277426950160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=gTn_cgyjzSQAX8J9vxj&_nc_oc=AQls1TcdKSc3Qu3kj9Lm8JS7YrDV42hJYyg6KkbEwBCcpPthXm7Gz6BwlxOPJoaFBTwN5CyAEVatyn5pATZ1VH-f&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=c13f3da38c3b52883c84abcacc5e7fb4&oe=61AFF91F

When you do your next one, could you show were the talent gaps are?