• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Knowing what you know now about Rhule, would you rather have kept Rivera?

TNPanther

Knowing what you know now about Rhule, would you have rather kept Rivera?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now about Rhule, would you have rather kept Rivera?

• Yes
    • No

Ron would have kept Cam going into 2020.  That singular move likely would have put us in a better big picture position than hiring Rhule.  

Rhule paid Teddy/Sam, picked up a 5th year and traded away our draft picks. 

I mean the Ron window ended.  Ron knows that.  Panthers went about replacing Ron in the worst way possible.   would have rather kept Ron another year and replaced him with someone not named Matt Rhule. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

Ditto. See if Ron’s game improved without that atrocious GM. If it didn’t than amicably part ways again. 

We already knew Rivera could be better without Hurney. Gettleman proved that and I wouldn't say he was even that much better than Hurney. 

• Pie 2

It was right to let Rivera go, it was time. Keeping him would have been wrong. Looking at WTF I'm not jealous.

Rhule was a bad hire but Tepper also kept Hurney so no real surprise there. 

I'm ready for the next option, I'm not missing the past or soon to be past. 

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

We already knew Rivera could be better without Hurney. Gettleman proved that and I wouldn't say he was even that much better than Hurney. 

Gettleman was another horrible GM.  It would have been nice to of seen Ron Rivera paired with a decent GM. 

I still think his time was up.  But it would have been interesting to see what played out of the Gettlemen hire would have actually been a good one.   And we know Gettlemen was horrific.  He showed that elsewhere.