• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

12/7 Game Thread: Canes @ Winnipeg Puck Drop: 8:00PM

Anybodyhome

I'll be MIA for probably the first 2 periods tonight, guys. But I'll be checking my phone when I can sneak a peek. 

The Jets started the season a little slow, but they are coming around and the highlight reels I've watched show a team that succeeds with speed and net front presence. They'll pound a lot of shots at close range and if there was ever a game the Canes needed 2 of their top 4 blueliners (Pesce and TDA), this is it. Both guys are out of the protocol Wednesday, but it remains to be seen how long it takes to get their legs back.

Jordan Martinook is not traveling with the team. At least he's not done for the season, which was my biggest fear seeing him go down twice and what looked like a blown knee or broken ankle. He'll be back on the ice following this road trip.   

• Pie 1

Jets aren’t pressing us down low while we are on defense like most teams do, they have a bit more on the power play.

Also Aho def got hooked on that break away chance and the ref said “meh”.

And another non call on a hook on them. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1